+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4S Restore

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello! I'm new to these forums and I have a question. My iPhone 4S is running iOS 5.1.1 jailbroken using RedSn0w, but the phone has a dead pixel on the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4S Restore
    Hello!

I'm new to these forums and I have a question. My iPhone 4S is running iOS 5.1.1 jailbroken using RedSn0w, but the phone has a dead pixel on the screen. I will be going to the local apple store to return it and get a new one. My problem is I know you have to restore the iPhone using iTunes to 6.0.1 so it will become unjailbroken. When I get my new phone, is there a way I can restore the new iPhone to my current jailbreak and firmware? Will restoring to 6.0.1 on a different computer then with the new phone restoring using my current computer with the backup that has 5.1.1 work? or will I have to hope I am lucky and the phone is at 5.1.1 out of the box? Thank you in advance for your replies !

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

If you going to the store and they gonna replace it. It will probably be on 6.0 and you will just have to wait for a jailbreak like the rest of us

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey thakns for the reply, but the iphone 4s's come out of the box at 5.1.1, i got mine about a month ago and it was at 5.1.1, not 6.0

2k1
    Thanks

Well ya may git lucky then. Ill keep my fingers crossed for ya.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Live with dead pic til new fix comes out.I would look for cell repair store and I wouldn't
    care if it had APPLE warr.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys thanks for the input, question though; can I upgrade to 6.0.1 on a different computer for the purpose of going to apple, then with the new phone restore from backup on my computer now and still have my jailbreak? thanks.

2k1
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KiowaKush View Post
    Hey guys thanks for the input, question though; can I upgrade to 6.0.1 on a different computer for the purpose of going to apple, then with the new phone restore from backup on my computer now and still have my jailbreak? thanks.
    Nope can't be done the phone ya have now have shsh blobs and can only be used on that phone.