View Poll Results: What do you prefer on a white 3GS, white digitizer or black?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • White digitizer looks better.

0 0%
  • Black digitizer looks better.

0 0%

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: White iPhone 3GS - looks better with white digitizer or black?

Default White iPhone 3GS - looks better with white digitizer or black?
    I've got a white iPhone 3GS with a cracked digitizer so I need to replace it. I've seen those white digitizers which may make the phone look more modern like how the white iPhone 4, 4S, and 5 have white bezels. However, factory is black. Price of the digitizers is the same, though if I went for white, I'd have to swap the button which is an extra $2 or so.

Here is a white phone with white digitizer.
    change black iPhone 3G/3GS to white iPhone 3G/3GS | iPhone Repairs & Spares LTD

Think I should go for white, or just stick to the original black?

Your choice dude. You're the one going to be looking at it all day. Take into account an apple part is usually high quality whereas if it's a third party part it may not be

The white digitizer is unique and different on a 3GS and I kind of want to try it for that reason alone. However, I also want to sell the iPhone so I want it to appeal to as many people as possible.
    I will likely use an aftermarket part either way. I guess I can't go wrong with the stock look, I was just curious what other people think. I thought people like putting in their 2-cents, but 865 views and no opinions, I guess not.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,180 Times in 6,199 Posts

I like it, but I'm partial to white.
    I have to ask, why put any more money in a 3Gs when 4's and 4s's are selling so cheap now? Just wondering.

It's not a lot of money to fix it since I'll be doing the replacement myself. A new digitizer from China for it is only around $6 for either color. I just think it will sell for more fixed than broken. Also, I like fixing things, it's fun.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,180 Times in 6,199 Posts

I agree, it's worth more and a 3Gs is still a nice device to own. I still have my original 3Gs and it's quick and dependable. Never had an issue. (actually have all of the phones released to date)
    Post a pic if you do the conversion, may do it myself just for fun.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,539 Times in 7,105 Posts

I'd go for the white. More unique that way for a 3GS. Very easy to change it too. Much easier than fixing a screen on a 4/4S.

Looks awesome in white, Not sure on the 2 dots stacked up looks odd, but im Used to a 5 in white, Either way it is your choice but I would go for it!