Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4S 5.1.1 stuck in recovery mode

Default iPhone 4S 5.1.1 stuck in recovery mode
    Hi guys my name is austin
    My iphone 4s 64GB, is on 5.1.1 from factory not OTA update, i bought it on october 2012 , it was factory unlocked , jailbroken using absinthe 2.0.4 , everything was fine until i downloaded winterboard from cydia and messed around with some themes ,finally i had to clear some cache files for a theme to run properly, for that i accidentally deleted com.springboard folder under Library>caches using iFile, then uninstalled winterboard which lead to reboot the device , eventually it lead to the screen where there is cable to be connected to itunes (The Recovery mode) which i'm dying to get out of, i tried every single option out there to get out of it including TU , Recboot ,Redsnow ...
    However i can get the device into DFU mode
    I don't have the SHSH blobs of my 5.1.1 saved since i bought the device on october at which point IOS 6 already out ,so impossible to do that
    and i don't want to upgrade to 6.0.1 ,since it dosen't have a jailbreak yet, but i'm afraid i don't have a choice here.
    So what do you guys are advicing me to do here?
    I appreciate any word

Thanked 16,715 Times in 7,628 Posts

Use iFaith to extract your 5.1.1 SHSH from the device itself. Then use iFaith to make a custom stitched firmware with those SHSH in it and restore to that in iTunes. Then you can rejailbreak with redsnow or absinthe after.

EDIT: whoops, just saw that you have a 4S. What I said is not possible on a 4S sorry. If you had 5.1.1 SHSH you could have used redsnow ro re-restore to 5.1.1. Without them I am afraid you are stuck sorry. Unless you can find a way to remove whatever is causing it not to boot up you will have to restore to 6.0.1.

thank you for the reply , but do you advice if i wait to see if something comes out to re restore to my 5.1.1?

If i could get the device out of recovery mode into safe mode that would be great, is there a way to do that?

it might be quite a while, if anything at all, to fix this re-restore issue for iphone 4s

that's why it was stressed to always save your shsh blobs

you can try resetting the phone repeatedly, but I really doubt it will work, but its the only option I can think of

the 4s is one of those unique phones that developers havent really figured how to control it like they can with the 4 and below..

if you need the phone, you're going to need to restore, plain and simple

Is there a way to access iphone 4s file system in either recovery mode or DFU mode?

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Austin-316 View Post
    If i could get the device out of recovery mode into safe mode that would be great, is there a way to do that?
    Try getting the new redsn0w and see if recovery fix will work