+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weird issue with contacts

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
When I go into my messages app and hit the "new message" icon and start typing a name, it shows me contacts even if I don't have any in my
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Weird issue with contacts
    When I go into my messages app and hit the "new message" icon and start typing a name, it shows me contacts even if I don't have any in my phone. For example, this girl named hope changed her number to the 830 number, so i deleted the 689 number, but it is still there. Also, I turned off iCloud so there were no contacts in my phone whatsoever and still I could see both listings. If i click on the 689 one to send a text to that number, it shows the number in the "to:" field, not her name. Anyone else experienced this? Weird issue with contacts-imageuploadedbymodmyi1354915546.960130.jpg
    Last edited by s4boost; 12-07-2012 at 04:18 PM.
    iPhone 3gs 16gb
    JB via Spirit 3.1.3
    iPhone 4... get in my pocket!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

In your contacts at the top click groups and see if you got more groups. Like I used to have this issue when I had my icloud group/phone group and Mac group. When you change it the Mac group never changed just the icloud group.

Thanks

Well the weird thing is, that's the only place I see the duplicate... if I search for a contact in the messages app to begin a new conversation.

If I go into the contacts app, the only listing I see is correct one. And the only group is the iCloud group. So I'm completely lost.
    iPhone 3gs 16gb
    JB via Spirit 3.1.3

Thanks

It's kinda like when you type in an email address and it stores it in the cache. I literally have no contacts, but when I start typing a name in the messages app it shows the contacts.... Any suggestions?
    iPhone 3gs 16gb
    JB via Spirit 3.1.3