+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help new iPhone - backup encrypted can't recall password

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
My iPhone stopped working so I was getting a replacement. I backed up and then got the new phone. When I went to restore from backup it asked for a
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help new iPhone - backup encrypted can't recall password
    My iPhone stopped working so I was getting a replacement. I backed up and then got the new phone. When I went to restore from backup it asked for a password. However it didn't ask me for one when backing up. I set one ages ago but can't recall it and now nothing I've tried works. I don't want to lose all my contacts and texts. Is there anyway I can get the phone to restore without the password or to remove it. Please help. Thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Superflye View Post
    My iPhone stopped working so I was getting a replacement. I backed up and then got the new phone. When I went to restore from backup it asked for a password. However it didn't ask me for one when backing up. I set one ages ago but can't recall it and now nothing I've tried works. I don't want to lose all my contacts and texts. Is there anyway I can get the phone to restore without the password or to remove it. Please help. Thanks.
    iTunes and encrypted backups
    Warning: If you encrypt an iPhone backup in iTunes and then forget your password, you will not be able to restore from backup and your data will be unrecoverable. If you forget the password, you can continue to back up and use the device, however you will not be able to restore the encrypted backup to any device without the password.

-according to apple itself.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've the identical problem; I do believe it's asking for the encryption password, though in my case, could not recall encrypting the backup and I haven’t entered it in Splash ID. I ended up using an external program to decrypt the password – “iPhone Backup Password Recovery" It worked like a charm. I only downloaded its trial version. With that it gave me the first three letters and the rest were blocked out with ***. The result is just as 123***. This however was enough for me to recall the password.

Thank “iPhone Backup Password Recovery"!