+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tried Updating My App Store: Now My iPhone Keeps Crashing?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, I'm new to the forums so if I accidentally put this in the wrong category or something I'm sorry. I currently am running on iOS 5.0.1 on an iPhone
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation Tried Updating My App Store: Now My iPhone Keeps Crashing?
    Hi,

I'm new to the forums so if I accidentally put this in the wrong category or something I'm sorry. I currently am running on iOS 5.0.1 on an iPhone 4 which was jailbroken with redsn0w. I updated my appstore which had about 25 apps that needed uploading and ever since I can only unlock it for about 5 seconds till it goes into that white spinny-circle thing. After that I can unlock it again but it'll do the same thing.

I'm wondering if I have to restore it at this point or if there is something else I can do. I have a lot of music, apps, etc loaded onto my phone and I don't want to spend time having to load all of it back on unless I know I have to.

Also, if I were to restore my phone do you think if I did a correct back up/sync that it'll put back down my text messages?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ayojennymo View Post
    Hi,

I'm new to the forums so if I accidentally put this in the wrong category or something I'm sorry. I currently am running on iOS 5.0.1 on an iPhone 4 which was jailbroken with redsn0w. I updated my appstore which had about 25 apps that needed uploading and ever since I can only unlock it for about 5 seconds till it goes into that white spinny-circle thing. After that I can unlock it again but it'll do the same thing.

I'm wondering if I have to restore it at this point or if there is something else I can do. I have a lot of music, apps, etc loaded onto my phone and I don't want to spend time having to load all of it back on unless I know I have to.

Also, if I were to restore my phone do you think if I did a correct back up/sync that it'll put back down my text messages?
    If I was you, I would restore. Doing a back will put texts and other stuff back on there. Plus make sure you back up to iCloud as well. That will make sure your contacts, notes, photos and other stuffed is backed up too.