Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I transfer 4s to another account w/o losing Jailbreak?

Question How do I transfer 4s to another account w/o losing Jailbreak?
    I upgraded to an iphone 5 and want to transfer my old 4s to my daughter's account w/o losing the jailbreak. The 4s is on 5.01 now. She did a backup of her old iP4 and tried to restore the 4s from that backup in iTunes but there was no option to restore from backup since the 4s is still recognized as mine in iTunes. Is there a way to do this? Would putting her sim card in the 4s first help any? I do have the shsh's saved in cydia.
    Last edited by HCWHunter; 11-19-2012 at 09:55 AM.

i dont think you'd lose the jb unless you update the phone through itunes, she would need to enter her id on the app store under settings unless im missing something and i misread something

Quote Originally Posted by johnNYChingaz View Post
    i dont think you'd lose the jb unless you update the phone through itunes, she would need to enter her id on the app store under settings unless im missing something and i misread something
    OK, so if I am understanding you correctly, she needs to change the iPhone name under Settings on the 4S to her name and also change the Apple ID for iTunes and App Store (also under Settings) on the 4S to her Apple ID, and then iTunes should see the 4S as hers and allow the restore from backup, right? We'll give that a try.

Thanks for the reply.

HW