Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why is my RAM so low?

Default Why is my RAM so low?

Hi guys,

Firstly, hello. I'm new to these forums as you might have guessed. My current device is an iPod Touch 4G, with the iOS6 tethered Redsnow jailbreak.

Over the past couple of months my RAM has been getting very low, and it is now at the point where most apps refuse to stay open for very long. Sometimes i can't even get apps to launch because it's that bad. The SBSettings status bar RAM indicator reckons i have around 18-40MB after a fresh respring, resting on the springboard.

What could be the problem? Do i simply have too many tweaks installed and if so, which ones would you recommend i remove?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g9YJ7.png 
Views:	156 
Size:	146.2 KB 
ID:	615844

Name:	ku5pa.png 
Views:	114 
Size:	135.2 KB 
ID:	615843

Name:	EIfM0.png 
Views:	103 
Size:	304.9 KB 
ID:	615845
    Many thanks, JailbreakerRob.

What's Jailbreak? miketheburrito's Avatar
    Thanks
    That's a helluva lot of tweaks you got there. I would get rid of at least like half of them right off the bat to be honest.

Determine which ones you really want to keep and regularly use. Keep in mind that, generally speaking, graphics-heavy, springboard-manipulating, and mobile substrate types of tweaks can be relatively resource-intensive. In deciding what to keep & what to remove, you can compromise by looking for lightweight alternatives - and even consolidating a handful of tweaks in favor of one with all those same functions.

You also might want to check out "iCleaner" on Cydia. It'll clean out some old gunk (temp files, caches, logs, etc.), free up some resources, and tidy up your device.

Have you been getting any frequent, particular crashes? If so, you could post your crash logs and we can better pinpoint whatever might be causing issues.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, check in Cydia to make sure your tweaks are iOS6 compatible. For example, Safari Download Enabler says it requires iOS5.