Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 5.0.1 unlock and jailbreak

Default 5.0.1 unlock and jailbreak
    I have an old iPhone 3GS unlocked and jailbroken. My dads phone is broken but my 3GS is incredibly slow probably from Cydia packages. I want to restore the phone jailbreak and unlock again so I can give him a fresh phone. So I wanted to know is apple still signing 5.0.1 or is what I want even possible. I would love any help from anyone, but plz know what your talking about if your willing to help thanx.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

5.0.1 is a no unless ya have the shsh blobs for that firmware if not then 6.0.1 is where you would end up at.

If he's cydia installed surely he's going to have SHSH saved automatically?

Not necessarily true

Even if one has cydia installed, they must have opened it AT LEAST during each iOS signing window.

Each time cydia is opened it accesses apple's server to locate and browse certain files among other things cydia does, and one of which are SHSH files, and stores it on the device

If cydia was never opened during the signing window, the SHSH would not have been saved for that particular iOS

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    Not necessarily true

Even if one has cydia installed, they must have opened it AT LEAST during each iOS signing window.

Each time cydia is opened it accesses apple's server to locate and browse certain files among other things cydia does, and one of which are SHSH files, and stores it on the device

If cydia was never opened during the signing window, the SHSH would not have been saved for that particular iOS
    I must admit I didn't know that. I thought it just automatically did it. On another note I don't seem to have ios 6gm blobs on cydia home screen (all the rest are there including 6.0.1) and i know I opened cydia when apple was signing 6.0. Any ideas why?

Thanks

Dunno you can download tiny umbrella and see if it has any saved for ya like that.

Um can you guys explain it like im a 5 yr old retarded kid.

Quote Originally Posted by qbnucca View Post
    Um can you guys explain it like im a 5 yr old retarded kid.
    Go to apple store,pay $149 get a new iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by aznp929 View Post
    Go to apple store,pay $149 get a new iPhone 4
    Ugh I hate people like you. That in no way answers my question. Actually it has nothing to do with the post period, so why even give your two cents. I already own a phone it's already unlocked why would pay $149 for an outdated phone?

Download and run Tiny Umbrella, connect the phone and hit save SHSH button and see what happens. Was this clear enough?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

qbnucca (11-21-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    Download and run Tiny Umbrella, connect the phone and hit save SHSH button and see what happens. Was this clear enough?
    Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by qbnucca View Post
    Thanx
    If your dad doesn't care about it being jailbroken, try getting it factory unlocked.
    Last edited by Southern128; 11-22-2012 at 04:27 AM.

I would but I never had AT&T is there another way?

Thanks

They got eBay sellers. Websites all kinda ways

When I got mine factory unlocked thru AT&T, I told them I didn't have a account with them when they asked . Everything went smooth.

Like 2k1 said, eBay has them and plenty of other online sites as well.

Thanx guys went with unlockmyimei.com worked great super fast