+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Keeping the Jailbreak ? Confused : (

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ok so im confused. Im shifting from 4s to 5. While im going to backup everything to icloud and then ill just restore from backup/icloud on my new iphone 5
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Keeping the Jailbreak ? Confused : (
    Ok so im confused. Im shifting from 4s to 5. While im going to backup everything to icloud and then ill just restore from backup/icloud on my new iphone 5 , that way i get to have everything

My real question is , if i format my phone (4s) from settings -> general -> reset -> erase all content and settings , will i loose my jailbreak also ?Will the phone go to factory? . I ask this because i know if you restore your phone through ITUNES then jailbreak is lost and phone is set to factory settings.

I want to give this phone to my dad , but still keep all jailbreak apps and settings. Also once i give it to him how do i make him use his own apple id. (where does he create one)

Green Apple
    Thanks

If you erase all data and settings it will restore to factory and you will loose jailbreak which wont even happen because the jailbreak guards against this.. Thus u can perform that action on a JB iphone... It will only reboot or worse create an unending loop till your iphone runs out of battery

If you want to create a new id for your dad just open appstore and scroll to the bottom and find your id.. Then tap it to open a set of option... Tap sign out. After signing out tap sign and choose from the options create new account.. I hope this helps you out
    Last edited by Lordstuny; 11-13-2012 at 04:45 AM.

EVO
    Thanks

If you want to wipe the phone clean it is highly recommended that you DO NOT do erase all settings on a jailbroken device

It jus doesn't play very nice and you will probably face boot loops, resprings, etc in the future

If you want to keep it jailbroken you have to manually delete all your info before transferring ownership