+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lost iPhone 4S a while ago, claimed off insurance, found it & now it has IMEI block.

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
As it says in the title. Back in August this year I lost my iPhone 4S. I was convinced I had lost it at a petrol station when filling up
    Thanks

As it says in the title.

Back in August this year I lost my iPhone 4S. I was convinced I had lost it at a petrol station when filling up my van, so after a few days I called the mobile phone insurance company and made a claim. I got a replacement 4S and that was the end of it.

Anyway, Yesterday I hired a skip to empty all the junk out of my garage. I went to pull out an old chest of draws from the back of the garage and to my amazement the iPhone I lost was on top of the draws

I later realised what I had done, that day in August I was in the garage trying to find a tile cutter. I was using the iPhones torch to look for it under some shelves and when I found the tile cutter, I put my iPhone on the chest of draws whilst I needed my two hands to pull the tile cutter out. After that I set off to the petrol station and I received a phone call on my works mobile as I was entering the station; I got mixed up later thinking I had that conversation on the iPhone.

So now reunited with my old 4S, I charged it up and powered it on. But it appears to have an IMEI block.
    I rang o2 about it, they said they cant remove the bar because I claimed off the insurance. Seems daft to me?
    What other options do I have?

Regards
    Dan

By the way, I think o2 was being pissy because I left them for GiffGaff last month
    Last edited by dan3010; 11-02-2012 at 01:12 PM.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

O2 is right, they can't unblock it. If you made a claim on it, there's no way the insurance company will have it unblacklisted, ever. You're better off just selling it or using it as an iPod since it's useless as a phone.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Thanks

That's a shame, I would of thought selling it would not be easy as people will just assume its stolen. It's still on iOS 5.0.1 and its jailbroken, will have to look into some hacks. Il only keep it as a spare phone if I succeed