+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why I Gave Up on IPhone

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
After having Iphone in various iterations for four years, I finally did what I thought I would never do, move to an Android. I had three phones, the 3G, 4,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Why I Gave Up on IPhone
    After having Iphone in various iterations for four years, I finally did what I thought I would never do, move to an Android.

I had three phones, the 3G, 4, and 4S and proudly jailbroke them all. I LOVED my iPhone. Thought they were the greatest machines ever. Unfortunately, Apple has become complacent with its customer base. The iPhone5 is a glaring example of this. What has this phone really added that isn't available on Android? Did Steve Jobs death kill the creativity at Apple or was it happening before this.

I have been playing with my new Android phone for a couple of days and am amazed at the flexibility you get with the phone even without jailbreaking (or rooting as they call it). I've already modded my phone to look like an iPhone for familiarity's sake. There are features on my new hone that I keep thinking to myself "DUH! Why didn't iOS offer this?"

As long as millions of you continue to blindly follow Apple and get in line for hours to wait for a slightly inferior product to Android phone, then you will continue to be disappointed like I was when I saw the announcement for the iPhone5. The difference is that I finally decided to do something about it and move on.
    Last edited by djmaine; 10-28-2012 at 04:36 AM.
    Jim Casey

Thanks

What an amazing story......Let me just say this. iOS is for people who aren't that tech savvy and Android is for people who are very tech savvy. What is this? It sounds like an essay written for English.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Xx_Illusions_xX View Post
    What an amazing story......Let me just say this. iOS is for people who aren't that tech savvy and Android is for people who are very tech savvy. What is this? It sounds like an essay written for English.
    Sry bout dat. Shud hav usd txt slang

Thanks

Sorry I just think its funny reading your amazing life story or your own personal problem. I can't tell if it's a troll post or someone just being an idiot.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Idiot. Has to be

Thanks

How come you won't root?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djmaine View Post
    After having Iphone in various iterations for four years, I finally did what I thought I would never do, move to an Android.

I had three phones, the 3G, 4, and 4S and proudly jailbroke them all. I LOVED my iPhone. Thought they were the greatest machines ever. Unfortunately, Apple has become complacent with its customer base. The iPhone5 is a glaring example of this. What has this phone really added that isn't available on Android? Did Steve Jobs death kill the creativity at Apple or was it happening before this.

I have been playing with my new Android phone for a couple of days and am amazed at the flexibility you get with the phone even without jailbreaking (or rooting as they call it). I've already modded my phone to look like an iPhone for familiarity's sake. There are features on my new hone that I keep thinking to myself "DUH! Why didn't iOS offer this?"

As long as millions of you continue to blindly follow Apple and get in line for hours to wait for a slightly inferior product to Android phone, then you will continue to be disappointed like I was when I saw the announcement for the iPhone5. The difference is that I finally decided to do something about it and move on.
    1 software is not as safe as ios
    2 not updated as often to fix security
    Holes
    3 not as much of available apps that are safe

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,438 Times in 685 Posts

Ok, I will bite what is on the Android that is so glaringly missing on from iOS. Not the obvious, ie themeing for example.

I have not owned an Android and have not considered it either. I am no fanboy but really want to hear what the stock iOS6 is missing.

I really wish Apple would allow JB, with a wink of the eye for those of us who want and need it to maximize our experience.(Like now I am typing on my JB iPad3 using a mouse. I love my tablet/laptop hybrid).

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Both OSes have their pros and cons. For anyone moving to android if you don't want to get left behind, i suggest buying a nexus phone rather than a S3 or any other. With this you know you will be getting the next android version updates on day 1 and do not depend on the carrier or manufacturer for the updates. Also it gives you pure android experience rather than the touchwiz or sense UI stuff that many people dislike.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
    Both OSes have their pros and cons. For anyone moving to android if you don't want to get left behind, i suggest buying a nexus phone rather than a S3 or any other. With this you know you will be getting the next android version updates on day 1 and do not depend on the carrier or manufacturer for the updates. Also it gives you pure android experience rather than the touchwiz or sense UI stuff that many people dislike.
    +1, vanilla updates all the time.