+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No more system apps!!!(HUGE STUFF UP)

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I just completely stuffed up my phone and would appreciate ANY help i can get! So this is what happened: I get my iphone (which had ios 4 on it;
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default [SOLVED] No more system apps!!!(HUGE STUFF UP)
    I just completely stuffed up my phone and would appreciate ANY help i can get!

So this is what happened:

I get my iphone (which had ios 4 on it; although not sure which version, probably 4.2.1)

plug it into my computer

restore and update so that i can get all my data from my last phone (which was jailbroken and heavily modified) since i had to update it to the latest firmware (if it were possible, i would have updated to 5.1.1 but i couldnt)

the new phone now is updated to iOS 6.0 and cant revert back to any other OS.

I download this file ---> redsn0w_win_0.9.15b1<---- so that i can tether-jailbreak my phone (since ios 6 only has tethered for the moment)

After the iPhone 4 is jailbroken (tethered), I download some tweaks like SBSettings, Flux and things of that sort.

------------------------ This is where I stuffed up badly -------------------------------------------------------

I go to download Winterboard and later realised that i had to reboot it.

After I rebooted, turned-off and booted my iPhone through redsn0w; around half of my cydia tweaks didn't even work. Things like SBSettings, activator didnt even work.
    Which meant that winterboard caused my problems.

HOWEVER, even after un-installing Winterboard, my tweaks were still having problems!

long story short:

I deleted some packages as well as Winterboard in hope that it will fix the problem; and now all my system apps are gone. (I might have even deleted mobile substrate)

no Messages app
    no Phone app
    no Settings app
    no iTunes, Appstore app
    no Mail app
    no Safari app
    no Music app
    no Calender app
    NO Native Apps AT ALL

the only apps that remained on my springboard are the ones I got off the appstore before this happened.

I cant change the settings, send messages or make calls

I cant restore it through iTunes, i cant boot back into tethered and fix it or anything.

I dont even have Wi-Fi on it!

It now serves just as much purpose as a door stopper with games on it.

Any help given will be greatly appreciated, sorry for everyones time.

thanks in advance to everyone who helps!
    Last edited by m3ideh; 10-26-2012 at 07:44 AM. Reason: spelling and grammar errors

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

It may be best at this point to just restore. That's a big mess.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yes restore or downgrade using snowbreeze for pc. If u have the shsh blobs for the firmware.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    It may be best at this point to just restore. That's a big mess.
    Restoring in iTunes has left me with error messages and downgrading using tiny umbrella does not work since I didn't save the SHSH blobs from my old firmware.

I don't see any other way of restoring it.

Would there be any other way of restoring it, maybe through another program?
    At this point I simply couldnt care less about whats on my phone, i just need it to function normally again.

Thanks for your help

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Software can always be fixed with a restore. It sounds like this is a software problem. Put the device in dfu mode and shift restore to the iOS 6.0 ipsw u have on ur computer. Should restore just fine. And next time u jailbreak look and see if u have any shsh at the top of cydia u should be able to downgrade to that firmware if u want to. U will have to pull the blobs from cydia with tiny umbrella. And make a signed ipsw with snowbreeze.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to zoolman88 For This Useful Post:

m3ideh (10-26-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have read your post thoroughly and can think of only one option: restore it. You're welcome.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ali127 For This Useful Post:

bubble.tea (11-02-2012), m3ideh (10-26-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zoolman88 View Post
    Software can always be fixed with a restore. It sounds like this is a software problem. Put the device in dfu mode and shift restore to the iOS 6.0 ipsw u have on ur computer. Should restore just fine. And next time u jailbreak look and see if u have any shsh at the top of cydia u should be able to downgrade to that firmware if u want to. U will have to pull the blobs from cydia with tiny umbrella. And make a signed ipsw with snowbreeze.
    thanks for the help! i can now use my phone as normal, much appreciated!

I always had the feeling that something software related could always be fixed!

Thanks again for the help !

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by m3ideh View Post
    I download this file ---> redsn0w_win_0.9.15b1<---- so that i can tether-jailbreak my phone (since ios 6 only has tethered for the moment)

After I rebooted, turned-off and booted my iPhone through redsn0w; around half of my cydia tweaks didn't even work. Things like SBSettings, activator didnt even work.
    Which meant that winterboard caused my problems.
    Glad you got it sorted out bud.

FYI winterboard and activator I know for a fact will work on 6.0 (iPhone 4). It is a little glitchy, and you'll have to find the right 6.0 applicable themes, but it will work.

I have rebooted a few time tethered only to have my "tweeks" and winterboard customization either not show up or show up incorrectly, and with no redsnow errors.

I think there is one newer version of redsn0w (0.9.15b2) you can try updating to that as well, may help.

But if your stuff doesn't work right after a reboot, try it again. Sometimes as simple as going into winterboard and re-springing the SB, but otherwise re-boot tethered until it's right.

Cheers bud!
    ~ Jr

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

As far as I know if you ever installed cydia onto your iPhone your SHSH blobs are automatically saved from the iOS version thaf youre currently on and for all subsequent iOS

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ali127 View Post
    I have read your post thoroughly and can think of only one option: restore it. You're welcome.
    can't think of what's more awesome., that you said what you did...or that you registered a new profile, JUST to post this one post from it.

I'm struggling to find out a free way to restore my missing sms db as I upgraded to a 5 from 4S., and diggin up all threads I can lol. This was a good chuckle you gave me. Back to my sorrows now .