Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Extreme newb... Need help with winterboard on ios 6

Default Extreme newb... Need help with JB ios 6
    Im new here, 1st post and appologize if in wrong section / totally dumb question...

I have ios 6 on i phone 4. Used newest redsn0w version for tethered jb. Installed winterboard. When i download a "theme" it appears in winter board. I check it and exit winterboard and it seems to re spring but everything is still the same, no change... What am i doing wrong?

Thanks guys... I have tried google and searching for answers for last two days... Finally found this site and hope to stick around a while.

Some of the stuff i have seen being custom made (icons and themes etc). Look sweet! Cant wait to figure this out...

Cheers!
    Jr
    Last edited by JR74CJ5; 10-24-2012 at 10:27 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

That theme may not be compatible with 6.0

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

JR74CJ5 (10-24-2012)

I havent found one yet that is then? Tried a few (3) but again i am a complete newb on this stuff... Never jb phone before / seen cydia before saturday...

Yes i have been living under a rock apparently...

Thanks
    Thanked 10,194 Times in 6,208 Posts

Truth, I'm not aware of any theme being ported to 6.0 yet.
    Image locations and sizes may have changed with the new firmware.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

JR74CJ5 (10-24-2012)

Thanks

Probably none are maybe a few bout I doubt it. You have ever been on 5.1.1 firmware? Might be able to downgrade ya firmware to something lower and he jailbreak will be tethered and tweaks and themes will work.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

JR74CJ5 (10-24-2012)

Yea i was on earlier versions (have had phone for 2-3 years?) but never with cydia before 6.0 and from what i understand from reading since i was never on cydia and never saved a shsh blog from 5.1.1 using tinyumbrella im pretty much sol right? Unless anyone has some insite
    On where i might find it otherwise? Though about searching for itunes backups from before ios6...? But not sure how to find them (where folder is) if i go in my itunes i might be able to see where it saves backups at..

Thanks

Follow this guide ya might git lucky.

http://iphoneblogr.com/2011/08/how-t...-tinyumbrella/

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

JR74CJ5 (10-24-2012)

Ill give it a shot. Thanks man!

I tried earlier after unchecking cydia request box as id never used cydia before ios 6. But ill give it a shot with that checked. I had no shsh blobs saved when i tried earlier that way...

Thanks

If not then ya pretty much bah just have to wait till the dev team makes something that is actually stable on iOS 6

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

JR74CJ5 (10-24-2012)

Thats what i figured . But on the bright side i suppose i can stick around and learn something while here and waiting

Cheers and thanks again all!!

Jr

Thanks

Sorry bud but welcome to the forum. I'm sure you can learn a lot. Have questions just ask

17. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

JR74CJ5 (10-24-2012)

Yeah, i learn "things" in forum... thats a bad thing that you cant downgrade to an earlier version.. thats one thing ive learned, "waiting" (before updating)...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to zeneleven For This Useful Post:

JR74CJ5 (10-24-2012)

Thanks

Yep it's sad no blobs no downgrade

21. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

JR74CJ5 (10-24-2012)

So if I may, I have another question for you all...

I'm, again, running iOS 6.0. JB with Redsn0w 0.9.15b2 semi-tethered (they say)

I installed Activator, and a few small tweeks I saw last night that appeared to be 6.0 functional. But when I open activator, it reads:

-photo.png

So... I'm trying to figure out (still currently researching as well):
    1) What is mobile substrate? (while finding list of installed items I have found mobile substrate is installed from cydia )
    2) How do I see if it is actually working?
    3) any ideas on this error? (Tried Re-booting using RS while typing after re-installing mobile substrate through Cydia - Still same error screen)

I can give a current list of what i have installed from cydia if it helps...?

~ Jr

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Just as update: Tried again with newest version of TU (6.00.01) and followed directions, No luck... But was worth a try

I must have put too many little things i last post? Being approved by mods i guess...

Anyways, when that post does come up, I've figured it out now... so no longer an issue!

I'm sure I'll be back around though... Been lurking around all the site and familiarizing myself with sections and rules and such.

Did get activator, OpenSSH (changed password ), springflash, and NoNewsIsGoodNews working on ios 6

Cheers!
    ~ JR

Quote Originally Posted by JR74CJ5 View Post
    I must have put too many little things i last post? Being approved by mods i guess...

Anyways, when that post does come up, I've figured it out now... so no longer an issue!

I'm sure I'll be back around though... Been lurking around all the site and familiarizing myself with sections and rules and such.

Did get activator, OpenSSH (changed password ), springflash, and NoNewsIsGoodNews working on ios 6

Cheers!
    ~ JR
    Nice. More tweaks would be great.

Have since found bAdOs is compatable as are most of the updates (having trouble with color keyboard install - says "size missmatch"?) and got winterboard to load it.

Have just dove into JB and loving it!

Jr

Thanks

Glad ya loving it. They got some good tweaks out there.