+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone on 4.3.3 trying to factory restore to 4.3.3 getting error, help please

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, I have an iphone 4 with IOS 4.3.3 on it. Baseband is 4.10.01 I went to erase and reset all settings and it gets stuck at the apple logo.
    mm8
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi,

I have an iphone 4 with IOS 4.3.3 on it. Baseband is 4.10.01
    I went to erase and reset all settings and it gets stuck at the apple logo. I just received the email from ATT that i can factory unlock as I am out of contract. However to factory unlock it needs to be restored. So when i went to reset all settings and erase it gets stuck at apple logo and empty bar....then if i try to do a restore in itunes i get an error 3194
    I dont need shsh and all that i just want to get a clean 4.3.3 factory image by doing so it will factory unlock.
    Any idea why this may not work ? I tried tinyumbrella but is not working either, it gets stuck at preparing for upgrade or something like that in itunes. At the beginning of the year I ran jailbreame from the browser but I never used jailbreak as i do not have a need for it, basically I just need factory unlock. Help please.

I am using itunes 10.1 not sure if that matters or not
    Last edited by mm8; 10-19-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Thanks

Well u need shsh blobs to stay at 4.3.3.. I would also update to latest iTunes..

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Xboxbml is right. Apple are not signing 4.3.3 any longer so the only way you can restore to that is if you have your SHSH saved. If you don't you can't restore. With regards to a factory unlock via your carrier you don't actually have to restore. Simply connecting it to iTunes should be sufficient and then youll get the message "congratulations you're successfully unlocked" without a restore. Try it with another sim before a restore / upgrade

Thanks

Lesson learned, do NOT erase content and reset all settings on a jailbroken device.
    Now you will need SHSH for iOS 4.3.3, start TSS on TinyUmbrella and restore. You said have tried TU, but IDK why you did with it.
    Fix recovery and repeat the steps and set hosts to Cydia if you don't have SHSH locally.

Ah, I prefer redsn0w with almost all tools available.

Quote Originally Posted by mm8 View Post
    Hi,

I have an iphone 4 with IOS 4.3.3 on it. Baseband is 4.10.01
    I went to erase and reset all settings and it gets stuck at the apple logo. I just received the email from ATT that i can factory unlock as I am out of contract. However to factory unlock it needs to be restored. So when i went to reset all settings and erase it gets stuck at apple logo and empty bar....then if i try to do a restore in itunes i get an error 3194
    I dont need shsh and all that i just want to get a clean 4.3.3 factory image by doing so it will factory unlock.
    Any idea why this may not work ? I tried tinyumbrella but is not working either, it gets stuck at preparing for upgrade or something like that in itunes. At the beginning of the year I ran jailbreame from the browser but I never used jailbreak as i do not have a need for it, basically I just need factory unlock. Help please.

I am using itunes 10.1 not sure if that matters or not
    Contact me to "factory unlock" any iPhone!