+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3gs restore help

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
A friend of my mothers gave me an Iphone 3gs, It doesnt seem to have an IOS, So i just went to iTunes to restore it to ios6(My only option
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone 3gs restore help
    A friend of my mothers gave me an Iphone 3gs, It doesnt seem to have an IOS, So i just went to iTunes to restore it to ios6(My only option since i do not have any shsh blobs that i know of) Left it downloading over night(Very slow download speed here) And in the morning my iPhone 3gs has the apple logo with an empty bar under it, My computer is saying"Waiting for iphone".
    I have tried putting it into dfu mode, recovery mode. Nothing works to get that bar to move.
    I am currently trying on my laptop now but i have to wait 5 hours(Downloading ios6 again to restore to)
    I hope it works.
    Does anyone have any tips on how to make it move from that empty bar?(No i cannot take it to an apple store because the closes one we have is 100+miles away
    Edit: I would like to get this done today so i can take it to an event we are having at school. And for any grammar mistakes please ignore them sending from my black berry
    Last edited by Blastu; 10-14-2012 at 02:27 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Try a different USB port. Sometimes the bar can take an age to move. My old HP laptop had a dodgy USB 2.0 port that only operated at USB 1 speeds and restores took an age until i got pissed off and replaced the ports (thanks ebay) if that doesn't work try a different lead, as may be a dodgy lead. And if that doesn't work apple service (yup 100 miles) you could try online service request

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    Try a different USB port. Sometimes the bar can take an age to move. My old HP laptop had a dodgy USB 2.0 port that only operated at USB 1 speeds and restores took an age until i got pissed off and replaced the ports (thanks ebay) if that doesn't work try a different lead, as may be a dodgy lead. And if that doesn't work apple service (yup 100 miles) you could try online service request
    Car is broken down so i dont really think anyone is willing to go 100miles for me.
    Already tried another usb port, No luck.
    Does anyone else have anything to say/help?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is what i am stuck on, Please help!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blastu View Post
    A friend of my mothers gave me an Iphone 3gs, It doesnt seem to have an IOS, So i just went to iTunes to restore it to ios6(My only option since i do not have any shsh blobs that i know of) Left it downloading over night(Very slow download speed here) And in the morning my iPhone 3gs has the apple logo with an empty bar under it, My computer is saying"Waiting for iphone".
    I have tried putting it into dfu mode, recovery mode. Nothing works to get that bar to move.
    I am currently trying on my laptop now but i have to wait 5 hours(Downloading ios6 again to restore to)
    I hope it works.
    Does anyone have any tips on how to make it move from that empty bar?(No i cannot take it to an apple store because the closes one we have is 100+miles away
    Edit: I would like to get this done today so i can take it to an event we are having at school. And for any grammar mistakes please ignore them sending from my black berry

No need to re-download it once you've did it before. Just copy the IPSW downloaded by iTunes to the Desktop and retry the restore with Shift+Restore.
    Here is the location of your IPSW on your computer: Where does iTunes save .IPSW files?

Anyway, you probably need a new computer/USB cable. Have you tried that?
    Contact me to "factory unlock" any iPhone!