+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroken, Factory Unlocked GSM Worldphone 3Gs v.4.1 fw 05.16.05 new bootrom

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Problems; bad battery life and crashes, often from 80% indicated Battery to Red Zone, no tips help, tried them all. All Apps work fine, including GPS. Thinking upgrade to 5.1.1
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Jailbroken, Factory Unlocked GSM Worldphone 3Gs v.4.1 fw 05.16.05 new bootrom
    Problems; bad battery life and crashes, often from 80% indicated Battery to Red Zone, no tips help, tried them all. All Apps work fine, including GPS. Thinking upgrade to 5.1.1 might help. Have shsh on Tiny Umbrella. I'm following guides but not getting it right. I'm using what I think is needed (preserve baseband) but have yet to build a IPSW with Redsn0w or Sn0wbreeze that will work. Would sure appreciate some guidance here.

Thank you folks for the great work you do and effort you make to keep the rest of on track.

Thanks

If phone is truly factory unlocked no need to preserve baseband... Just need shsh blobs for 5.1.1... I typed up a guide in another thread...let me find it n copy paste in here..

This is what I do on my 3GS...

I'm assuming you do not unlock. You will lose your unlock if you do this exact method.

1. Download stock iOS 5.1.1 IPSW.
    2. Download redsn0w 0.9.14b2
    3. Run redsn0w as administrator in windows.
    4. Click Extras button.
    5. Click SHSH blobs button.
    6. Click Query button to see what blobs Cydia has for device.
    7. If Cydia has required blobs, Click Stitch button.
    8. Click IPSW button-browse for downloaded 5.1.1 IPSW file.
    9. Click Blobs-Cydia button to stitch remote Cydia stored blobs to IPSW.(or could do local if you have
    them local).
    10. Let Process and finish. It will take a few minutes.
    11. Click Back button-Click Pwned DFU to put in pwned DFU mode-follow onscreen instructions.
    12. Once in pwned DFU mode, close redsn0w, launch iTunes.
    13. iTunes will see device in "recovery" mode. Click Check button.
    14. Hold down Shift key, click Restore button. Browse to that stitched IPSW file
    you created.Select it.
    15.Wait for restore to finish as normal. JB as normal(or not)...Enjoy!

If I were u I'd restore n setup as new phone not from backup.. Backups get corrupted sometimes n could cause same problems it's having now...

In the end u may still have batt issues...might just need to be replaced...they don't last forever..

I also NEVER restore from a backup... I do the restore, and setup as a new phone... I don't care about game data, texts etc. I have everything i need backed up outside iTunes backup. I have contacts, calendar, Notes synced with Outlook on pc. I have all pics n vids dragged out of Camera Roll into My Pictures folder on pc and synced back to phone. I have Music and Movies synced through iTunes but stored on pc, so I could lose the phone and still have everything I care about...Anyway, that's what I do. You can still do the restore, and restore from a backup. I would just possibly manually rename the old backup(under C:/Users/"userid"/AppData/Roaming/Apple Computer/MobileSync/Backup, you will see a folder with really long name(ie. 52ff11c0494cc3ac6d3cdad8a2554d7xxxx). Look for the most recent by date modified. Do a rename on the folder, leave the current name, but tac on the date modified showing in windows(ie. 53dd21c0493dd3be6d3cdad8a2554d76348d2153-20121008-211231 . Then, in iTunes, right click on your devices and select backup and make iTunes create a new fresh full backup file. Sometimes the old ones can get corrupted and cause issues later... here you go.
    Last edited by xboxbml; 10-13-2012 at 09:35 AM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xboxbml For This Useful Post:

Sandrunner (10-15-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

This is Just Fantastic and I sincerely Thank You. While in Vietnam a while back, I suffered a Crash and one of the "Local Experts" said No Problem - I'll replace that software unlock with an unlocked board, which I agreed to and he done in minutes - restored and wala... Now, when you connect to iTunes, for instance, it says 3Gs World Phone. I believe that means - Really Factory Unlocked. Do you agree? If so, I'm going with your procedure.
    You also made me think - since battery was so good before - maybe same "Expert" swapped Batts. with me on reassembly... hmmm

Thanks

Can u yell if it's even same phone?...case etc?... I had that happen with a Compaq iPaq I had several yrs ago... I sent it somewhere for screen repair. They gave me run around for months.. Told them give me my device back or else.. They sent me my case but all different guts.. Different sn, someone else's data etc..pissed me off

What baseband does it say it has in settings general about-modem firmware?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Now, That's REAL interesting... Here's some changes, Model was MB718LL NOW it's MC133B Serial No. started with 88 and ended with B3NS, NOW it starts with 87 ending in D3NR. The Boot Rom was 929 (old) now it's 949 (new)... The apps and data was put back. It is still on 4.1 and 05.16.05 - as before...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrunner View Post
    Now, That's REAL interesting... Here's some changes, Model was MB718LL NOW it's MC133B Serial No. started with 88 and ended with B3NS, NOW it starts with 87 ending in D3NR. The Boot Rom was 929 (old) now it's 949 (new)... The apps and data was put back. It is still on 4.1 and 05.16.05 - as before...

Got the hardware replaced? That's sick!
    Contact me to "factory unlock" any iPhone!