+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4s iOS 6.0 on T-mobile

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey, so my buddy recently got the iphone 5 and said I could use his old 4s. Unfortunately, I have tmobile but I figured I could jailbreak/unlock it but he
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4s iOS 6.0 on T-mobile
    Hey, so my buddy recently got the iphone 5 and said I could use his old 4s. Unfortunately, I have tmobile but I figured I could jailbreak/unlock it but he had already updated it to 6.0. Any ideas how long these things typically take to get worked out so this phone is unlockable? Obviously I'm not asking for a timeline just an idea from someone who has been following the cat and mouse game apple plays with unlockers. I'll just give it back to him now if it is gonna be a couple months to unlock it but if there is a good chance it is unlockable over the next month or so I'll probably just hang onto it.

Is getting it unlocked from Att a huge pain? I don't want to burden the guy too much cause he is doing this as a favor.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

There is no software unlock for Iphone 4s, only Gevey Sim Ultra can unlock only previous baseband not IOS 6.0 baseband. However, you can ask your friend to call up ATNT to IMEI unlock this 4s.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    There is no software unlock for Iphone 4s, only Gevey Sim Ultra can unlock only previous baseband not IOS 6.0 baseband. However, you can ask your friend to call up ATNT to IMEI unlock this 4s.
    Has anyone done this before is it a pain and does it cost anything? also he is on his parents plan is that going to make it more difficult ie. does he need their social or anything?

Thanks

Buy an factory unlock code off eBay cost about $7-$10 and it works and in most cases less then 12 hours. As long as the iPhone is locked to AT&T.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"