+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help Newbie Jailbreak old iphone

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi im new to the forums and for the last 4 hours ive been on here and google trying to figure out how to jailbreak a iphone for my younger
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help Newbie Jailbreak old iphone
    Hi im new to the forums and for the last 4 hours ive been on here and google trying to figure out how to jailbreak a iphone for my younger brother. Ive never attempted to jailbreak before but under the circumstances i feel like its one of my few choices. I got a iphone 4s from craigslist awhile back and after a little negotiating the guy threw in a old iphone 2g wich i gave to my younger brother to use as an ipod touch, activating it using my old atnt sim from my old 3gs (im currently on verizon). Fast forward to today last week my brother apparently placed a new password lock on the iphone and after only a few hours forgot it after a week of him trying to guess the pw with no luck i decided to restore it but now it is unactivated and without a sim i have no way of getting it working. From what ive learned from my little research mission the phone should be running 3.1.3 since i upgraded the software when i first activated it, but it seems a pain trying to find a program to jailbreak the phone it being a 2g. All the ones i found so far are either links to them dont exist or the program doesnt since most are from way back in 08. Im running windows xp and itunes 10.7 on my computer, and i dont know if the current jailbreaking programs will work with the iphone not being activated so i havnt tried them, and most posted require older versions of itunes so i dont know if they'll work with the current version. Help please ive always wanted to jailbreak something so any info will be highly aprecciated plus and links to diy's to thanks for reading

Thanks
    Thanked 9,539 Times in 5,857 Posts

Any old AT&T sim will work, doesn't have to be active.

Jailbreak with redsn0w.
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your iPhone 2G on OS 3.1.3 Using RedSn0w (Windows)
    Last edited by blkcadi; 10-06-2012 at 06:06 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

FTLDee (10-06-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ive tried searching for the sim with no luck. Its one of those things where you see it laying around at random times in a drawer but when you need it you can never find it!!! lol.

Thanks

You can get them on eBay, borrow one, or even buy a cheap pre-paid sim.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

FTLDee (10-06-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nevermind just found one :P as for my other question super duper now that ill be able to activate the phone if a program requires lets say itunes version 4.xxx will it still work with a more current version, or is there a current program for jailbreaking a 2g with 3.1.3. I did find one but it requires the 2g running 4.1 wich apparently needs to already be jailbroken to rejailbreak it i guess. It seems all the current ones are for the newer iphones and software wich makes sense since they are new, but idk maybe there is and i havnt ran across it.

Thanks

As far as I know, on a 2G phone you can only go up to 3.1.3

9. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

FTLDee (10-06-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah that is true that is why i found it odd the program in question saying it worked jailbreaking a iphone 2g running 4.1. Well im going to give this jailbreaking a try thanks for the link and help

Thanks

You bet, glad to help. Good luck and welcome to MMi.