+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Still no unlocked iPhone 5??

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I don't get it, iPhone 5 has been released in US and in 22 additional countries and we still can't get an unlocked version from the apple store?? WTF
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Question Still no unlocked iPhone 5??
    I don't get it, iPhone 5 has been released in US and in 22 additional countries and we still can't get an unlocked version from the apple store?? WTF

Thanks
    Thanked 9,620 Times in 5,899 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by orgy9111 View Post
    Typically if Apple holds true to their last 2 iPhone releases, it's usually about 30 days after the initial release. So the middle of this month most likely.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Here in Sweden we can buy unlocked iPhone 5 from Apple Store and authorized resellers

Thanks
    Thanked 9,620 Times in 5,899 Posts

As we can also buy them in the USA, but they wait for about a month after release for some stupid reason. Who knows.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Probably because Apple gets royalties from contracted customers... It only makes sense

Thanks

Actually your kind of right orgy9111. If you recall we kept reading forums and articles every year that the next year will be the year AT&T's exclusivity will end and other carriers will be able to get apple iPhones making them more convenient and not only limited to one carrier. But now that the exclusivity is done with AT&T apple can cell phones unlocked.

Now that apple sells phones for AT&T and Verizon but doesn't have an exclusivity of not being able to sell their product (iPhone) I believ their current contract is to first sell and give contracted people with carriers to get the phone first after that mass of consumers get it then it's available for the rest of the. Market.

So unlocked iPhones will come last I remembers after the 4s came out the unlocked version was available in November.

So it's not a question about if the unlock will be out its about when.

Hope it helps