Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My number UNKNOWN using international SIM ?

Default My number UNKNOWN using international SIM ?
    Here is the scenario. I have an iPhone 4 with local tmobile sim card and it shows proper phone number under My Number.
    I also have an iPhone 4S which has my international sim(Indian) but in this phone I do not see the phone number under my number but instead see UNknown.
    So I swapped the sim cards and now put the local tmobile sim in 4S and Indian sim in 4. Now in the iPhone 4 I see unknown while I see number in 4S

Is this expected because the sim is international ?

Quote Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
    Here is the scenario. I have an iPhone 4 with local tmobile sim card and it shows proper phone number under My Number.
    I also have an iPhone 4S which has my international sim(Indian) but in this phone I do not see the phone number under my number but instead see UNknown.
    So I swapped the sim cards and now put the local tmobile sim in 4S and Indian sim in 4. Now in the iPhone 4 I see unknown while I see number in 4S

Is this expected because the sim is international ?
    Depends on the SIM as not all SIMs support this. Go to settings > phone > my number - this should let you edit "my number". if it doesn't your SIM doesn't support it

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    Depends on the SIM as not all SIMs support this. Go to settings > phone > my number - this should let you edit "my number". if it doesn't your SIM doesn't support it
    Yes it does not allow editing the number.

Quote Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
    Yes it does not allow editing the number.
    Then it's not supported. Old SIM card?