+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dead iPhone 4S. Jailbroke and and died during restore.

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
OK, so I am a bit new to the apple scene. I bought my wife the Iphone 4s to break us into the apple gig and she certainly wanted it
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Dead iPhone 4S. Jailbroke and and died during restore.
    OK, so I am a bit new to the apple scene. I bought my wife the Iphone 4s to break us into the apple gig and she certainly wanted it jailbroken. I think it is 5.1.1 os and I think used Absinthe, which turned into intalulous and cydia. After a year of use she got the new Iphone 5. We wanted to give the other 4s to my daughter. Before giving it to her I wanted to go ahead and upgrade it to IOS6. It failed several times. My wife decided to restore the phone to its factory defaults and it hung in its lttle spinning wheel thing until the battery died. at the time we did not even have a cord for the darn thing because it had been taken by my son or daughter by mistake. So the phone dies in its little spinning wheeel thing. Now that I have a charger, It does nothing. I have left it plugged in for a couple hours and when you press the power button, it gives the little symbol of a plug, lighting bolt, and outlet. cant get anything else.

Is there a way to revive it?

What's Jailbreak? NanoTeXplorer's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello. Well that seems unnatural cuz I never ran across as such. I've been on jailbroken iPhones since the 3G the worst scenario I ever encounter while jailbreaking or restoring is it either it hangs at the spinning wheel, stuck at the apple logo, or iTunes don't recognize the device cuz of some reason. But nothing like what u encounter. Maybe try to change the cable u use to charge it. It might be faulty and try again.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

What happens when you connect it to tinyumbrella or redsn0w?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

go into DFU mode while connected to itunes. it will detected and will ask if you would like to restore.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i had similar probs-just see following in that order:

1: re-jailbreak again WITH JAILBREAK THAT WORKED ORIGINALLY in the order you learnt-with the jailbreak that ORIGINALLY WORKED!

2: install tiny umbrella in your pc
    then uncheck the box that says associate with cydia

3: then go to jailbreak your phone to the latest jailbreak version or go to
    remove your current jailbreak by either choosing update in itunes or
    if no good get back to me at [email protected]

What's Jailbreak? iphonecaptain's Avatar
    Thanks

thats all you need to do put in DFU and upgrade. Just a word of advice..... Never reset factory settings on jailbroken phone from inside settings. Straight into loop
    Mitch

iPhone 4S
    iPhone 5 -Ordered
    iMac 27 inch
    13 inch Macbook pro
    iPad 3