+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T unlocked 3GS stuck in a boot loop after iOS6.0 update

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Greetings All ~ I have recently taken an old 3GS that was unlocked by ATT & pressed it back into StraightTalk service. I was running 5.1.1 then the iOS6 update
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default AT&T unlocked 3GS stuck in a boot loop after iOS6.0 update
    Greetings All ~

I have recently taken an old 3GS that was unlocked by ATT & pressed it back into StraightTalk service. I was running 5.1.1 then the iOS6 update rolls through and I allow the update.

Now it just loops through a boot up. I have DFU'ed it, and restored the phone several times, each time getting all the way through the restore software updates, etc. then I get a message that iphone cannot restore the phone, but no error code. The phone shows in iTunes correctly, and the phone is empty except for a little "other" content. CORRECTION; IT HAS A "(11)" AT THE END OF THE MESSAGE.

I've cleared the instructions in the HOST file, but it seems to just love being restored to factory settings. I even get the "Congratulations you phone is unlocked" iTunes message.

Then right back into the loop. SSDD.

Any ideas anyone . . . . .? I'm pretty lost on this stuff and getting more frustrated by the day.

Thanks!

brg
    Last edited by mtnaggie; 10-02-2012 at 03:06 PM.