+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS battery life and campus WiFi

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello, I've owned my iPhone 3gs for about 3 years now. It could possibly be a couple years older since I didn't get it new. It is jailbroken on 4.3.3.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3GS battery life and campus WiFi
    Hello,
    I've owned my iPhone 3gs for about 3 years now. It could possibly be a couple years older since I didn't get it new. It is jailbroken on 4.3.3. Recently, the battery life has been SIGNIFICANTLY reduced - it would not even last for 6 hours without dying.

I think the problem is the WiFi I'm connected to; I tried turning off WiFi and it lasted the whole day without losing 10%. I then made it forget the campus WiFi login and it was still the same result. Over the summer, I don't think I had this problem because I had my iPhone connected to my home WiFi. Even if I have the WiFi on with my login entered and the phone is on sleep for 90% of the day then it still drains.

The strange thing though, is that last year this didn't even happen when I was on campus. I definitely would've noticed if it did. I know I did have to do a restore of my iPhone near the end of the semester and I used a backup through iTunes restore - which saves passwords and usernames of WiFi.

I don't know if the latter has any significance to my problem. I made the iPhone forget my login and I re-entered it but ultimately the same problem occurred. I might try making it forget, turn off, then turn on, and re-enter and see what happens.

I do have location services, 3G, and push turned off though; on top of that my brightness is pretty low. I exit out of all multitasking apps throughout the day. I only use my phone to text, make a call, and that's it. Like I said, I don't know why this is a problem now.

Thanks

Maybe it's getting too old? Battery replacement?
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

Thanks

Yeah, batt might be a bit old... But restoring from backup could have done it too... Could be corrupted. I never restore from backup.. I have all contacts calendar notes synced with my outlook on pc. I have pics n vids dragged off phone out of camera roll to pc n synced back through iTunes, and of course music n apps in iTunes...I setup as new phone every time..

Do u unlock also?..
    Last edited by xboxbml; 10-03-2012 at 08:34 AM.