+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how to get my ios number iphone 3gs

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
i just restored my iphone 3gs what was jailbroken and now i cant get past the asctivating screen. i have been looking on youtube and the vidoes on there say
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation how to get my ios number iphone 3gs
    i just restored my iphone 3gs what was jailbroken and now i cant get past the asctivating screen. i have been looking on youtube and the vidoes on there say i need to hacktivate my phone. i need to know what ios my phone is to download the right redsnow version.

i have looked at re jail braking it but its also saying i need to know what ios version my phone is and i cant get into the phone to get it, and itues is saying there is no sim card installed on the phone. i dont no was sim card the phone needs because i got the phone when it was already jailbroke.

can someone please help me, thanks

Thanks

Did you restore it from your iPhone or from iTunes? Cause if you restored it from iTunes it'll probably update you to the latest software which is iOS 6 if not then your still on your currently OS. If you count on an unlock then I suggest to borrow an AT&T SIM card from someone and active it like that.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

Thanks
    Thanked 9,535 Times in 5,853 Posts

You can check and see what firmware your on by;
    open settings app/General/about/ look for "Version". The numbers there will tell you.

You can use sn0wbreeze o hacktivate, but if your on 6.0...no jailbreak yet.
    iH8sn0w.com: sn0wbreeze v2.9.6

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

The latest Redsn0w should be able to tell you what iOS you are on. Go under Extras>Even More>Identify. It will prompt you to set your device in DFU so follow the on-screen instructions. It will then show you your phone's info.

As MXCO said though, if the device was somehow restored beyond your knowledge of, it should be on iOS 6 currently. But if you really want to double check, simply use Redsn0w to do so.

Edit: If you find out it's on iOS 6, and you need to hacktivate it, simply downgrade the device down to 4.1 (assuming you don't have any SHSHs saved) and you should be able to the use the correct JB tool to hacktivate it. As for unlocking it, well that's a different story for another time (after you've gotten the phone to access your springboard).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks for the help, i cant find this red snow to download. ive looked on google and there is so many to choose from. can someone send me the correst link to download please

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emilyw94 View Post
    thanks for the help, i cant find this red snow to download. ive looked on google and there is so many to choose from. can someone send me the correst link to download please
    http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-...-how-to-guide/

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

The best place to get it from is here: Dev-Team Blog