+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: App Switcher not switching or closing apps

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi all, I couldn't find the answer to my question anywhere else, so I decided to ask. I have an iPhone 4 running iOS 5.1.1 with the Absinthe 2.0 jailbreak.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation App Switcher not switching or closing apps
    Hi all,

I couldn't find the answer to my question anywhere else, so I decided to ask. I have an iPhone 4 running iOS 5.1.1 with the Absinthe 2.0 jailbreak. My app switcher is not working. Related to the app switcher, I use backgrounder and switchermod. I've tried playing around with settings in these tweaks, but I wasn't successful. Anyway here are the specifics of my problem. Let's say I'm in the Calculator and I'm trying to switch to Contacts. When I double-click the home button to open the app switcher, I can switch to Contacts like normal. Then let's say I go to the home screen. When I open the app switcher again and try to open Contacts, nothing happens. I can't close the Contacts app either. It appears that I can only switch to an app once. This is the case for all multi-tasking apps. I am able to close these apps from SBSettings. However, the closed apps appear as greyed out icons in the app switcher window.

Does anyone know of a solution? Is anyone else experiencing the same problem? Does anyone have any troubleshooting suggestions? Like I said earlier, I've tried installing some app switcher related tweaks and messing around with settings of Winterboard, backgrounder, etc., but no luck so far. Any ideas?

Thanks

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Have you tried getting into safe mode via SBSettings or disabling certain Mobile Substrate tweaks? If you haven't, it's worth a shot. If safe mode stops the issue, then you can narrow down the issue to one of your Mobile Substrate tweaks. Also, removing Backgrounder and other recently installed tweaks can't hurt, so try deleting those and see if it fixes itself.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.