+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can not activate iphone 4s after do "erase all content and settings"

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
is anyone can help me please. After I do the "erase all content and setting" the iphone boot up as original just like out of the box. I confirm the
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vietkool's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Can not activate iphone 4s after do "erase all content and settings"
    is anyone can help me please. After I do the "erase all content and setting" the iphone boot up as original just like out of the box. I confirm the country and choose the language then up to the activation screen it searching for activation for awhile the it pop up with the msg "can not activate the iPhone" I also use WIFI and itunes to activate but no luck. is there any other way to do it. I am not stuck at activation screen can not pass thru. that .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vietkool View Post
    is anyone can help me please. After I do the "erase all content and setting" the iphone boot up as original just like out of the box. I confirm the country and choose the language then up to the activation screen it searching for activation for awhile the it pop up with the msg "can not activate the iPhone" I also use WIFI and itunes to activate but no luck. is there any other way to do it. I am not stuck at activation screen can not pass thru. that .
    This sounds like there's an error with either the SIM card in your iPhone, or (more likely) there's an issue with the activation server on Apple's end.

Try another SIM if you have one (for your carrier if the phone is locked, any carrier if it's unlocked). If that still doesn't work, then Apple is probably having issues and all you can do is wait until they resolve the situation.

Thanks

I tried 4 different SIM 2 inactive att SIM, 1 active and 1 inactive t-mobile ..none of them activate the phone. I called ATT support they got no idea and transfer me to apple support. wait time more than 45min so I gave up . My iphone is unlocked one.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,168 Times in 6,640 Posts

Have you tried restoring it instead of just using the erase all settings button? Or did you want to avoid updating to 6.0?

Thanks

the restore won't let me restore 5.1.1 and I dont want to use iOS 6 for now. is apple stopped signing for iOS 5.1.1 already ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vietkool View Post
    the restore won't let me restore 5.1.1 and I dont want to use iOS 6 for now. is apple stopped signing for iOS 5.1.1 already ?
    yes. since the release of ios 6. is your phone factory unlocked?

Thanks

yes my phone is factory unlocked. I got error 3194 when I did shift+restore and select the original 5.1.1 ipsw file.

Thanks

You cant restore to 5.1.1 anymore, at least not until the dev team release a new redsnow supporting it with 5.1.1 SHSH. If you don't want to go to 6.0 then maybe try a different computer or a different wifi network to try and activate it.

Thanks

I try two windows pc and a macbook, got same error. still can not activate . I may have to go to Apple store this evening for them to fix cuz the warranty still on the phone untill April next year. But only thing I worry about if they can not fix it and endup they have to replace me another one. Are they gonna replace with the unlock one or just give me the one lock with AT&T ?

Thanks

Don't know if they will be able to fix it without a restore. Maybe.
    No idea what they will give you if you get a replacement. That would depend on what your phone was originally, if it was bought from Apple factory unlocked then they will give you a unlocked one back. If from ATT then they will give you an ATT one.

Thanks

this phone just got unlocked from AT&T few days ago when I submit the unlock request form last week. is it consider as factory unlocked?

Thanks

Yes Apple did it. last week at tuesday i could restore to stock fw 5.1.1 after upgrade to IOS 6.0, but two days later not more. i have stored the shsh blobs and stitched to 5.1.1 but no chance, error-1
    cu gaendalf

@vietkool
    Hi the error3194 means that I tunes cannot contact Apple Server and verify restore. Check your host file or try to reinstall Itunes.
    Last edited by gaendalf; 09-27-2012 at 01:21 PM.