Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile 4G on iPhone 5

Default T-Mobile 4G on iPhone 5
    So I've done some research and I wanted to ask some people opinion and I didn't know where to post this but my question is has anyone gotten T-Mobile 4G working on an iPhone 5 or 4S? I know T-Mobile currently supports NYC, Las Vegas, Seattle, and D.C to work on the iPhone but has anyone gotten working yet? I want to know before I buy an iPhone 5. I really want to switch to t-mobile but I want to know if 4G will work on the iPhone. I live in the Seattle area.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

Thanks
    Thanked 10,190 Times in 6,206 Posts

According to T-Mo news, most all major cities and hubs will be activated by the end of the year.
    I live in Phoenix and am seeing it here already most days. Can't wait for them to turn it on permanently.

Are you getting 4G or 3G? I tried simple mobile on a iPhone 3GS and its still on edge but I want to try a tmobile SIM card.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,190 Times in 6,206 Posts

Both, not consistent as I said, but we are getting close here in the Valley.

From their site.

Guess what iPhone people. T-Mobile 3G/4G Willl Work Soon

Now, there was a forum post for this before but that one was back in October and wasn't necessarily correct.
    But, if you're not one of those people that keeps up with news on like TmoNews or etc...
    T-Mobile has announced that they are spending 4 Billion rolling out LTE and REFARMING a lot of their 1900Mhz Spectrum to UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+

The refarm is already happening, and should continue massively throughout the next few years (though is mostly going to be done THIS year),
    and not that you guys care as much but LTE will be released next year.
    But the main point of this is, if you DIDNT already know, the 1900Mhz band is NEEDED to run 3G/4G on the iPhone.
    So get ready for all your "E" symbols to change to "3G".

Also, if you have 3G disabled, I'd recommend periodically throughout this year switching it on and seeing if the 3G signal comes in. and if you have your APN for data set to "wap.voicestream.com" please change it to "epc.tmobile.com" to get full speeds.
    If you live in a city you'll probably get the refarm faster then those who don't.

It's also not confirmed which EXACT locations this is happening to, but will most likely be the majority of locations where 3G/4G coverage is ALREADY.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 09-26-2012 at 07:17 PM.

So I was able to get 3G with my friends SimpleMobile SIM card on my iPhone 3GS but the speeds weren't very impressing. But hopefully the speeds will improve when they are done. And I had to go down the block from my house to get 3G. But I'm gonna try a t-mobile SIM card and see if the speeds are faster on t-mobile
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi1348800063.341324.jpg  

I've been getting pretty decent speed on tmobile 3G, this is in Reno, nv
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi1348931292.406921.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Justahbu View Post
    I've been getting pretty decent speed on tmobile 3G, this is in Reno, nv
    Nice. Can't wait for this roll out to happen in Austin.

Just ran a few speed test on t mobile 3G with my iPhone 5 and the speeds are crazy! I did however had to walk down the block to nearest t mobile tower
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi1349064823.300049.jpg   -imageuploadedbymodmyi1349064832.898273.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by MXCO View Post
    Just ran a few speed test on t mobile 3G with my iPhone 5 and the speeds are crazy! I did however had to walk down the block to nearest t mobile tower
    I'm glad I switched, I had T-Mobile for almost 10 years and have had every iPhone that has been released.

I just jumped ship to AT&T and these are my speeds on the iPhone 5 with LTE.-photo.jpg
    Last edited by Blochead21; 10-01-2012 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blochead21 View Post
    I'm glad I switched, I had T-Mobile for almost 10 years and have had every iPhone that has been released.

I just jumped ship to AT&T and these are my speeds on the iPhone 5 with LTE.-photo.jpg
    Faster then my Comcast 50megs that I pay for $120 a month!

T-Mobile 3g speed test on the iPhone 5 - YouTube

thought i'll share this with ya'll