Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore iPhone4. need help!

Default Restore iPhone4. need help!
    I wanted to restore my iphone 4 today and noticed that i am forced to upgrade to iOS 6.
    Is there any way to avoid that??? I have 5.1.1 restore ipsw downloaded, but I don't know how to avoid updating. Can anyone help?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

If ya have the blobs saved for 5.1.1 you can upgrade to 6.0 and then downgrade back to 5.1.1

I don't want to risk being stuck on ios6. I have every blob from 4.3.5 to 5.1.1
    One more question. If the phone is still in its warranty period is a battery change for free?? The back is swollen up and the case is coming apart. The phone didn't suffer any impacts.
    Should I just send it jailbroken and hope it goes unnoticed?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

Apple doesn't replace the battery but instead will give you a replacement. I am sure when they see physical signs of the problem, they will gladly exchange it eventhough is jailbroken.

I was lucky. I guess they didn't notice the jailbreak, or they didn't mind.. I was offered an i4 8g(they said that they only had 8gb left) or a 4s 16gb but i had to pay 100$, so i chose the 4s. (all of this at vodafone). I waited a month for them to finally give me an answer. They have really bad customer service.

I have a new question. The 4s has 5.0.1 on it. I would upgrade to 5.1.1 to be able to restore my contacts and stuff but only 6 is available. How can i do this? Should i save shsh that i have now? how?

Quote Originally Posted by axsr View Post
    I was lucky. I guess they didn't notice the jailbreak, or they didn't mind.. I was offered an i4 8g(they said that they only had 8gb left) or a 4s 16gb but i had to pay 100$, so i chose the 4s. (all of this at vodafone). I waited a month for them to finally give me an answer. They have really bad customer service.

I have a new question. The 4s has 5.0.1 on it. I would upgrade to 5.1.1 to be able to restore my contacts and stuff but only 6 is available. How can i do this? Should i save shsh that i have now? how?

Ah, lucky you!
    No, you can't go to 5.1.1 unless you have blobs for that device, which I guess it doesnt have!

You can restore your stuff on iTunes, restore from backup once you done the restore.

Check any available and Save current blobs using TinyUmbrella The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella
    Contact me to "factory unlock" any iPhone!

Quote Originally Posted by SenseiPhone View Post
    Ah, lucky you!
    No, you can't go to 5.1.1 unless you have blobs for that device, which I guess it doesnt have!

You can restore your stuff on iTunes, restore from backup once you done the restore.

Check any available and Save current blobs using TinyUmbrella The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella
    ok. thanks for the repply.
    One more question:Should I upgrade to ios6? Or just keep 5.0.1

Not upgrading yet, would be my advice.

I personally prefer to stick with 5.0.1, tho you'll need to update to iOS 6 sooner or later.
    Contact me to "factory unlock" any iPhone!

Check to see whether it has blobs saved, but this depends on whether it's brand new or a refurb they've given you. The are def times when people have been able to retrieve SHSH blobs from replacement phones due to the previous owner (ie prior to The refurb) Jailbreaking. This will not be the case if it's brand new.

Also that is really poor customer service, if they cannot offer you a like for like replacement whilst under then they should absorb the replacement cost of the newer model rather than you paying for it!