Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 5 lost.what to do?

Default Iphone 5 lost.what to do?
    Hi i wanted to know if i buy an off contract iphone 5 for 650 and lose it but it is insured then what will happen? Will i get a replacement? How much extra will i have to pay? How much monthly will i have to pay for insurance and for how long?

Insurance varies by insurance company. Everything depends on the coverage they provide, so it will always vary by company.
    I will no longer be very active here anymore due to a variety of reasons.

If i buy an insurance policy that covers lost/stolen phone then can you just give an estimate of how much will i have to pay for a new one ? Also the estimate of monthly charges keeping in mind that i would have paid 650

Like I said, it all depends on the insurance company.
    I will no longer be very active here anymore due to a variety of reasons.

what do you mean by insured?

are you talking about mobile insurance from your carrier?

I mean i buy an iphone 5 16 gb fo 650 and take mobile insurance fir damage or loss or stolen..and i lose it..then how much money will i get ?

You won't get any money, you will get a replacement iPhone (mine is a 50 replacement charge if I lose it - might be more for an iPhone 5 though - I have a 3GS). Just as a note, fraud isn't a good thing to commit and you will be caught by trying.

Quote Originally Posted by monotoko View Post
    You won't get any money, you will get a replacement iPhone (mine is a 50 replacement charge if I lose it - might be more for an iPhone 5 though - I have a 3GS). Just as a note, fraud isn't a good thing to commit and you will be caught by trying.
    +1

People really do ask some idiotic questions

plus I believe you have to pay a deductible?

plus I dont have mobile insurance, I believe its a scam