Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Black iphone 5

My iPhone is a Part of Me Daniel212's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Black iphone 5
    Hi everyone, so my question is the black ip5 really that easily to scratch or get scratch? Because I really like and want the black ip5 but if that's the case then I probably will settle with the white version.

And I'm looking at this case but I notice how its put on. You have to put the volume rockers side in first and then push the other side in. Do you think it will scratch the side of the phone?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi1348371930.205894.jpg  

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Get an invisible skin for the phone then you don't have to worry about scratches.

A high quality case shouldn't scratch the phone. If that's a nicely crafted case it shouldn't be an issue. Even better if it'll fit over an clear protector over the device, that's be a good investment.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Get an invisible skin for the phone then you don't have to worry about scratches.

A high quality case shouldn't scratch the phone. If that's a nicely crafted case it shouldn't be an issue. Even better if it'll fit over an clear protector over the device, that's be a good investment.
    That's wht I thought also but idk just hearing a lot about the black ip5, just made me think like wow just a nice phone but it can get easily scratch

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

That's why I always have front and back covers on my iPhones. Scratched one before with a decent quality case. Should've gotten a better case but the back cover fixed that problem nicely.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    That's why I always have front and back covers on my iPhones. Scratched one before with a decent quality case. Should've gotten a better case but the back cover fixed that problem nicely.
    Ok thanks for the info, and do they make any protection for the side metal?

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

A skin silicone cover should cover your back and sides of your iPhone, look on eBay.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

I got one of the cases and love it. Does the job very well

Scratches fairly easy but I'm one of those people that little scratches don't really both. I got the phone to useif I were worried about keepingit perfect I would have gotten avast or the skins

remember that these new iphone 5s are anodized which means in a short time, you will start to see some wear on the surfaces

if you really want a black, I would recommend you either buy a full body protector (which covers both front + back + sides), and then purchase a silicone case

this will ensure that anytime you may need to take the phone off, its protected against the friction causes by the side of the case, which will wear the anodized antenna side of the phone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    remember that these new iphone 5s are anodized which means in a short time, you will start to see some wear on the surfaces

if you really want a black, I would recommend you either buy a full body protector (which covers both front + back + sides), and then purchase a silicone case

this will ensure that anytime you may need to take the phone off, its protected against the friction causes by the side of the case, which will wear the anodized antenna side of the phone
    Thanks for info, but do you know where I can look for the side protectors? I can get the front and back no problem just the side, idk where to look

i just bought mine from bodyguardz, the full body

They dont sell the sides alone, if you want only the sides, you might want to try your local mall to see if one of those retailers can custom make you one

I'm waiting on my case and protectors before I start using my 5

I would recommend you do the same if you dont want to see early wear, especially on the bands, which are the most sensitive

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    i just bought mine from bodyguardz, the full body

They dont sell the sides alone, if you want only the sides, you might want to try your local mall to see if one of those retailers can custom make you one

I'm waiting on my case and protectors before I start using my 5

I would recommend you do the same if you dont want to see early wear, especially on the bands, which are the most sensitive
    Yea thanks again, going to do wht you said