Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Constantly going into DFU mode by itself.

What's Jailbreak?
    Whitworth, Rochdale, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 Constantly going into DFU mode by itself.
    Hi,

I was hoping someone here might be able to help me.

My phone got stuck in what I thought was recovery mode, but turned out to be DFU mode. I am new to iPhones, and Apple in general.

Whilst I thought it was stuck in recovery mode, I tried using itunes to recover, but kept getting error code 1600. Apple's website said this was a USB issue, but using other USB's didn't help. In the end, I googled and found RecBoot which gave me errors on my computer when trying to run, and then I found Tiny Umbrella.

I fumbled my way through TU's interface with no joy - the exit recovery button was greyed out.

In the end, I found out I was stuck in DFU mode, and a website suggested getting itunes to recover, but whilst it was preparing, press and hold the power/home buttons. This worked, and put it back to factory settings.

However, since then it keeps going into DFU mode by itself every time it goes to sleep.

I googled and ended up here: iPhone 4 iOS 4.3 Shutting Down into DFU

None of that SHSH/firmware information is understandable to me, but from reading that thread, I believe I may have caused this by messing about with Tiny Umbrella.

Can anyone help me?

My phone is not jailbroke, and is running Version 6.0 (10A403), and it's model is MC603B, and its Modem Firmware is 04.12.02.

Thank you.

@sdjx22 when I first saw this thread I thought finally an answer to my problem, but no one has replied.

I have to ask did you ever sort this problem out?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scrappydez View Post
    @sdjx22 when I first saw this thread I thought finally an answer to my problem, but no one has replied.

I have to ask did you ever sort this problem out?
    Unfortunately not. Even the Apple store could not fix it when I took it there. It's been binned and I have gone back to android.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unfortunately not.

Took it to the apple store and even they couldn't fix it.

Binned it amd went back to android.

Thanks for getting back in touch, appreciated