Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "UPDATE ALL" iOS vs Android!

Exclamation "UPDATE ALL" iOS vs Android!
    Why am I more comfortable hitting "Update All" apps on Android vs iOS? because on Android it is usually an app improvement. On iOS its that too but more often its some shady app developer gimping an app and going for the IAP-BS (In App Purchase - Bait n Switch) Land grab. And I'm not talking about freemium apps either (where IAP is present from the start). I'm talking about the "paid app bait n switch" where you pay for an app and quickly discover that the update you've just downloaded gimped features that you've had and now have to pay for via IAP.

They ALL do it from Disney to Dan so keep letting dirt bags victimize your user base Apple, and add IAP-BS to all the other things so called "legitimate" apps grab from a users phone; address book, location, music collection, sms, UDID or whatever you replace it with (you know, the app permission items that Android warns the user about before an app is installed) and watch Android eclipse iOS from a user experience perspective! Its already happening and that's why I and many others can feel safe "Updating ALL" on Android without fear of the IAP-BS!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to EVO For This Useful Post:

H4CK3R (09-19-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    Are you done with the rant?
    There are a lot of rants this pm for some reason. Some dude had a go at iAnnie for moving their thread!

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    Are you done with the rant?
    An informative vent is different than a rant, yes?

PS Imagine if Mitsubishi was allowed to sneak into your driveway at night and take the turbo out of your EVO then charge you to put it back in as an "upgrade". Same thing!
    Last edited by Lohand; 09-19-2012 at 03:21 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

It's not much different from someplace who didn't charge for something [insert item] to your order/food/etc, but have to for whatever reason now. I find this situation more prevalent everywhere, not just in the digital sphere. Reduce the extraneous features or items and charge for them to be included. It's all to retain or increase profits. Just BAU.

Most of these guys do get little to no true profit from these programs, especially if the app was free from its release. Companies have to monetize their assets somehow, and we all know ads have little affect nowadays.

BTW: Both Google and Amazon app store developers also pull the same 'IAP-BS.' It's just part of the mobile ecosystem. At least with iOS, you don't have the increasing risk of downloading viruses, Trojans, or other malicious code onto the device.

Most of the updates to apps I get don't remove functionality, rather add on (even if it as IAP). Most of the one who do remove functionality are apps that are free or incredibly cheap to use (for basic uses) and the developers do tend to say they had to 'cutback' to keep their apps competitive and profitable.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Thanks

That's why I save all my old apps. I can reinstall them if I want and get rid of the unwanted....

Quote Originally Posted by Lohand View Post
    Why am I more comfortable hitting "Update All" apps on Android vs iOS? because on Android it is usually an app improvement. On iOS its that too but more often its some shady app developer gimping an app and going for the IAP-BS (In App Purchase - Bait n Switch) Land grab. And I'm not talking about freemium apps either (where IAP is present from the start). I'm talking about the "paid app bait n switch" where you pay for an app and quickly discover that the update you've just downloaded gimped features that you've had and now have to pay for via IAP.

They ALL do it from Disney to Dan so keep letting dirt bags victimize your user base Apple, and add IAP-BS to all the other things so called "legitimate" apps grab from a users phone; address book, location, music collection, sms, UDID or whatever you replace it with (you know, the app permission items that Android warns the user about before an app is installed) and watch Android eclipse iOS from a user experience perspective! Its already happening and that's why I and many others can feel safe "Updating ALL" on Android without fear of the IAP-BS!!!
    Just Saying: If you were the Developer programming those Apps..all Day and all Night... wouldnt you want to get some pay for what you do spending your time for improvement of the apps... I mean most are like $1 or $2 in app... and its up for the gamer/user to choose wether its buying the thing...

So stop complaining what the Devs would do.. cause what they do, you probably do the same but with something other YOU are good in....