+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: upgrade to i5 without losing unlimited

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Here's the scenario... I have unlimited data on my line.My wife's line (a dumb phone) is eligible for an upgrade. I plan on giving her my 4s to use on
    Thanks

Default upgrade to i5 without losing unlimited
    Here's the scenario...

I have unlimited data on my line.My wife's line (a dumb phone) is eligible for an upgrade. I plan on giving her my 4s to use on her line. Can I get the i5 upgrade on her line,add her a 2Gb data plan then use the i5 on my line and the 4s on her line while keeping the unlimited data on my line?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    Here's the scenario...

I have unlimited data on my line.My wife's line (a dumb phone) is eligible for an upgrade. I plan on giving her my 4s to use on her line. Can I get the i5 upgrade on her line,add her a 2Gb data plan then use the i5 on my line and the 4s on her line while keeping the unlimited data on my line?
    Which carrier?

If done correctly I see no problem. I upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy(still had a year left) to a 4S using the upgrade on my second line in July and kept my unlimited data. Ask your carrier to be sure it'll work. I am on Verizon and they actually helped me juggle lines so I could keep my data, very cool of them.

I do know that I'll have to buy my future iPhone outright to keep my data though, at that point it will be an unlocked Apple unit.
    Last edited by HeliPilot; 09-15-2012 at 01:22 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you've been paying for a data plan then they should grandfather you in. Has never been a problem on my family plan for AT&T.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

You'll need a nano sim too. Just be sure they'll keep you grandfathered in if changing to a nano sim given LTE will be faster and likely consume more data!

Green Apple
    Thanks

With AT&T you will not loose unlimited data by upgrading.