+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMSC Number

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Not really sure if this goes here.. but I really need someones help!! So I have two iPhone 4s (my old one & a new one). My old one can
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation SMSC Number
    Not really sure if this goes here.. but I really need someones help!!

So I have two iPhone 4s (my old one & a new one). My old one can send & receive SMS messages (don't get this confused with MMS). And my new one can only receive and NOT send SMS. Also note I am using a jailbroken iPhone 4s running on 5.1.1 with a Gevey Ultra S and on T-Mobile USA Carrier.

After tons of research I have been able to troubleshoot the problem that it has to do with the SMSC number. I was able to use this *#5005*7672# which helps me check what my SMSC number. When i type this on my old iPhone the response I get is

old iPhone: +12063130004
    new iPhone: +7

As you can see the problem with the new iPhone is that it shows up as +7 when really it should read the same message as the old iPhone "+12063130004" note that is the T-Mobile USA service number that is used for sending SMS messages. There is code to change this number! **5005*7672*SMSCNUMBER# So in the old iPhone I go in and type exactly like this **5005*7672*+12063130004# The message I get is "Setting Succeeded, Service Center Address, No Address" Then when I go back to double check the SMSC number to see if it was updated by typing *#5005*7672# it still says +7 when it should have been updated with the new number

I don't understand why it won't update the SMSC number... It clearly isnt the SIM card because it works fine in my old iPhone, my old iPhone has the correct SMSC number, why won't the new one update it or how do i get it to update? Any ideas.... Thank you

Thanks
    Thanked 9,539 Times in 5,857 Posts

Thread moved.

Sorry, this is over my head, never heard of such an issue and/or trying to change the SMSC number. Hopefully you will have better luck with an answer in this section.