+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Find My Friends/Phone problems. 3GS downgraded iPad BB.

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, I recently picked up two 3GS's for my kids, both arrived with the 6.15 BB, I duly downgraded it with RedSn0w and all seemed OK, the GPS chip is
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Find My Friends/Phone problems. 3GS downgraded iPad BB.
    Hi, I recently picked up two 3GS's for my kids, both arrived with the 6.15 BB, I duly downgraded it with RedSn0w and all seemed OK, the GPS chip is working fine for things like Walk Meter and Tomtom.

I loaded up Find My Friends on these 3GS's and set it all up and added them to my iPhone 4. When FMF is running on the 3GS's I can pick up their location on my 4, but when the app is closed on the 3GS's I can no longer pick them up, they just come up as location unknown. It appears that the service only works when the app is running on the 3GS's.

I have a 3GS with work, and I've tested it on this phone and it's working correctly, I've not launched FYF on it for ages, but it still shows up in FMF on my 4. The fact that my work 3GS seems to be working correctly but the other two ain't, and that the other two have both had the iPad downgrade makes me wonder if that's the problem.

So, has any one had similar experience? Or can any one with a BB downgraded 3GS confirm if they're phone needs to have the app running for the service to work?

Thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Did a restore and fresh install of 5.1.1 with no BB upgrade, all working OK now.