+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tweak Request: Inverted Orientation lock

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys, I was wondering if there was a tweak that inverted the default orientation lock in landscape mode, for example on youtube videos if you have orientation lock on
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Red face Tweak Request: Inverted Orientation lock
    Hey guys,
    I was wondering if there was a tweak that inverted the default orientation lock in landscape mode, for example on youtube videos if you have orientation lock on it spins to one side, can you make it so the default of this is the other side? Thanks!!!

Thanks

On ios5 my orientation lock adjusts to the viewing mode it's in automatically. So if I am watching a YouTube video in portrait upside down and I lock the orientation, then it stays in portrait upside down. And if I lock the orientation in portrait mode right side up, is stays in portrait right side up. And if I'm watching a YouTube video in landscape mode with the power button closest to my right hand and I lock the orientation, it stays in landscape mode with the power button closest to my right hand. And if I lock the orientation in landscape mode with the power button closest to my left hand, it stays in landscape mode with the power button closest to my left hand... I'm using an iPad 3. What are you using?
    Last edited by imanono; 09-03-2012 at 01:11 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imanono View Post
    On ios5 my orientation lock adjusts to the viewing mode it's in automatically. So if I am watching a YouTube video in portrait upside down and I lock the orientation, then it stays in portrait upside down. And if I lock the orientation in portrait mode right side up, is stays in portrait right side up. And if I'm watching a YouTube video in landscape mode with the power button closest to my right hand and I lock the orientation, it stays in landscape mode with the power button closest to my right hand. And if I lock the orientation in landscape mode with the power button closest to my left hand, it stays in landscape mode with the power button closest to my left hand... I'm using an iPad 3. What are you using?
    I think he's asking is there a tweak to reverse its normal behaviour if I read him right. I haven't seen at tweak to do this. I'm also curious as to why you'd need this as it seems a little counter-intuitive making your phone hard to use!