Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PKGbackup???

Default PKGbackup???
    Guys, i just want to ask help about making a backup using PKGbackup, i followed the instructions that i found, from installation to linking to dropbox, and ive tried already "backup", but it only backups those applications that didnt came from cydia, (i think so) such as calendars, contacts, applications, etc. but my cydia installed packages, it didnt made a backup of that, why oh why?? can you help me to understand how does pkgbackup really works?? how to do?? what to do?? if theres a detailed tutorial, i will greatly appreciated.. thanks in advance..

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Here's a really good tutorial on PKGBackup: HOW TO - Use PKGBackup to safeguard your Jailbreak Apps & Settings
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to H4CK3R For This Useful Post:

zeneleven (09-02-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Do yourselves a favor and if you have the previous version, DO NOT upgrade. I did that can no longer backup to contact list and tried to backup to the cloud, ran for 5 hours till I canceled it. Contacted tech support, tried a couple of things they suggested and that didn't work either. My question to him "what in the world did you guys do to this program that was useful and now...is NOT"

No reply

Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    Here's a really good tutorial on PKGBackup: HOW TO - Use PKGBackup to safeguard your Jailbreak Apps & Settings
    As what being instructed by the tutorial link youve given me, its just more detailed compared to what i used, what i did in my previous backup, as the tutorial said, the default list to be back up is "everything" (all is selected), i didnt change anything and pressed Backup (i guess its the new "Do Backup"), and it performs backup, but when im observing the on-going backup, i notice that what being uploaded is like calendars, contacts, and the games, i didnt see cydia tweaks being uploaded like sbsettings, etc. thats why i made this thread.

Then after seeing the link youve given me, i tried to make a backup again, but this time, i de-selected the calendars, contacts and etc. (because i know itunes can manage that), and pressed "Backup", and i watch while its uploading, and saw Activator, sbsettings, cydia, etc.. my questions is, why i didnt saw that in my previous backup? is it just too fast thats why i didnt able to see that? Can i trust the backup that it is really complete? Is there a way that i can check what has been backed-up?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, click on Restore, select your Dropbox backup and you can then scroll and see what's backed up.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Dave View Post
    Hi, click on Restore, select your Dropbox backup and you can then scroll and see what's backed up.
    Actually, i will not doing restore yet, i just made a backup for future and for testing the program also, can i do that just to check what is being backed up and exit after i check? because in PKGbackup, sometimes theres "cancel at your own risk" like when its scanning i think. I just what to make sure thanks

Thanks

Yes you can select a backup to view without restoring. I have turned on "confirm backup/restore" in the settings app as an extra step so you don't accidentally restore.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DC_Dave For This Useful Post:

zeneleven (09-03-2012)

Yes you can select a backup to view without restoring. I have turned on "confirm backup/restore" in the settings app as an extra step so you don't accidentally restore.
    ahh yeah i remember that, the "confirm" thing, i will try that.. out of the topic question, not so big deal for me to make another thread for these, in yahoo messenger, when im signed in, and i have an on-going chat session, when i lock the phone, how to put sounds on messages to alert me even my phone is locked, in my itouch 2g, i have that. what happens is that, it seems like, im not able to receive ym messages when locked, because when i unlock it, messages come.. in my iphone settings, the sounds/alerts are activated, so what might be the problem? iphone 4 5.1.1 sorry for the question..

Thanks

Hi, I would think that there should be a Yahoo settings tab in your settings app under notifications that you need to configure.

Hi, I would think that there should be a Yahoo settings tab in your settings app under notifications that you need to configure.
    i checked the notification settings, the ym settings itself, and even checked if i am in silent mode.. i can get it to have a sound when locked.. am i the only one experiencing this?

Regarding about the PKGbackup, i confirmed that everything is in backup history thanks a lot..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

OK I take back what I said the developer has worked with me extensively to fix the problems, so I give the developer 2 thumbs up

Good job