Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4S Wifi Problem - 'greyed out/no wifi'

Default iPhone 4S Wifi Problem - 'greyed out/no wifi'
    Hello,
    Today, out of the blue, the wifi on my iPhone 4S running iOS 6 Beta 3 stopped working. The slider for the on/off switch is greyed out. I tried downgrading back to 5.1.1 to see if that'd do the trick, but instead of an on/off switch, it said "No Wifi" in the place of the on/off switch. I've also tried reseting the network settings and hard rebooting several times with no luck.

I bought the iPhone in Australia in December 2011. Currently, I'm living in Shanghai, China. So I took it to my local Apple store today and they told me they can't fix hardware problems on iPhones purchased outside China (how useless is that!?)

So, I'm wondering is there any software fix I can do? Or should I try and find some unauthorised person here to try and fix it? Any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

I reccomend you do a clean restore from iTunes (not restoring through backup) to confirm that this is hardware. If restoring doesn't fix it, it's definetly hardware.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Thanks for the response.
    Yes, I tried that, had no luck

Thanks

Alright, definetly hardware then.

You probably have a bad wifi antennae. Google up a bit and see if you can find any iPhone hardware repair companies. There's load of them out there.

I think that's the only option yeah,
    Thanks mate

Thanks

No problem.

Hopefully you can get it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by mcbumface View Post
    Hello,
    Today, out of the blue, the wifi on my iPhone 4S running iOS 6 Beta 3 stopped working. The slider for the on/off switch is greyed out. I tried downgrading back to 5.1.1 to see if that'd do the trick, but instead of an on/off switch, it said "No Wifi" in the place of the on/off switch. I've also tried reseting the network settings and hard rebooting several times with no luck.

I bought the iPhone in Australia in December 2011. Currently, I'm living in Shanghai, China. So I took it to my local Apple store today and they told me they can't fix hardware problems on iPhones purchased outside China (how useless is that!?)

So, I'm wondering is there any software fix I can do? Or should I try and find some unauthorised person here to try and fix it? Any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks
    You should go back to apple in shanghai and kick up a fuss. Apple is apple No matter if it's in London or Timbuktu!

I've also considered this, but us foreigners here already have a pretty bad reputation; Probably wouldn't get anywhere

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, I took my iPhone 4 back to Apple with Wifi greyed out and got an exchange unit for 120. If your 4S is still under guarantee, they should change it.

hi
    i using iphone 4s jailbroken 6.1.2 for long time ago suddenly i have problem with wifi greyed out when in normal condition.
    but wifi can use when in safe mode.