+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Two different internet connections possible (one with internet and one with adhoc) ?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guyz, i needed an answer for a short question: the question is: i have 2 wireless cards, one is a built-in wireless adapter in my laptop and the other
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Two different internet connections possible (one with internet and one with adhoc) ?
    Hey guyz, i needed an answer for a short question: the question is: i have 2 wireless cards, one is a built-in wireless adapter in my laptop and the other is an external USB wifi adapter, i just wanted to know whether i could setup up 2 different connections using 2 adapters ? like using internet on one adapter and the other to create a ad-hoc connection ? cud this be possible ?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Why don't you try and post the results? Surely you can create an ad hoc network anyway to Internet share if you're already connected? Maybe I'm wrong on that?
    Last edited by docmagoo2; 08-30-2012 at 01:00 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well i have tried a scenario with just one card, i was able to connect to only one, either the internet or create an adhoc. i thought possibly, using 2 cards could increase my success chances but still the question remains, on how will the computer be able to perceive 2 different connections and act accordingly.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Dunno then. I'll check on mine when I get up

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ohk alright

You can try by making the SSID and channel number of both the networks different.
    Well how can I change the SSID of my AD HOC connection ? and obviously using 2 connections on wifi is really hard, my best guess is to use 2 different wireless cards, but still the question remains, how will the computer be able to handle 2 different connections intelligently.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tried it, but the usb adapter im using is a BELKIN with max bandwidth of 54Mbps, the adapter automatically stops working after 30 seconds or so, i have no idea how to get 2 cards working simultaneously, My requirement is simple: i want to use internet on ONE ADAPTER and use an adhoc WEBE connection on the other