Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: is it possible to install tweak via ssh?

Default is it possible to install tweak via ssh?
    i am wondering if it is possible to install a tweak via ssh? i R E A L L Y want the maxizimation tweak but the developer took it down. i would be willing to pay a few bucks for it if he put it back up. i dont like monuclo at all.
    i have tried looking for a direct download for maxizimation but i havent found anything.

im probably gonna have to wait until someone else makes a similar tweak or until he releases it again right...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,753 Times in 2,643 Posts

There must be a reason why the developer took it down, perhaps you can look for an alternative tweaks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

It's a shame, the developer also took down HiddenHelper. Maybe someone could email you this free obsolete tweak?

Quote Originally Posted by Phatnugget View Post
    i am wondering if it is possible to install a tweak via ssh? i R E A L L Y want the maxizimation tweak but the developer took it down. i would be willing to pay a few bucks for it if he put it back up. i dont like monuclo at all.
    i have tried looking for a direct download for maxizimation but i havent found anything.

im probably gonna have to wait until someone else makes a similar tweak or until he releases it again right...
    SSH won't make any difference whatsoever.
    Installing via Cydia.app or dpkg / apt-get manually all require you to have the package or a source for it.
    If you have neither, you're stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    There must be a reason why the developer took it down, perhaps you can look for an alternative tweaks.
    Yah.
    The reason seems to be that he was frustrated with warez repos distributing his paid tweaks,
    and then quit iOS developing for good. Then he released that he missed having the few he got
    from those paid apps in Cydia, so he put the paid ones back up. And then he decided maybe it's worth developing new stuff again.

All the drama occurred over the last 45 days, so it's still pretty fresh. The "abandoned" tweaks are far from obsolete.

If Phatnugget has twitter, sending a tweet @rud0lf77 would probably be a good idea.

Actually, tweeting @rud0lf77 "i would be willing to pay a few bucks for it if he put it back up."

might be some good motivation.
    Last edited by raduga; 08-26-2012 at 06:44 PM.