+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help customizing iPhone springboard...

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Now as I'm new to this forum, I have no idea(as usual) if this is the right place in the forum to post it. If not, please correct me Anyways,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Need help customizing iPhone springboard...
    Now as I'm new to this forum, I have no idea(as usual) if this is the right place in the forum to post it. If not, please correct me

Anyways, what I want is others reflections and suggestions of different apps found from Cydia that keeps the springboard itself as clean from icons as possible, but I can still access all my normal iPhone, App store and Cydia apps in a different way. Since I like my phone to have the best design, I want to keep my wallpaper completely clean from icons(as well as completely blank pages, as well as no spotlight search). I tried out usin' "Poof!" in order to hide all icons and use my spotlight search to access my apps, but the problem were that the musics app could not be hidden and the spotlight search is way too slow and laggy. I also tried out Superswitcher, but it wasn't compatible with my iPhone(iPhone 4 ios 5.1.1, jailbreaked with Absinthe). Also, when I disable the icons with Poof, the settings for them is removed as well from the settings app(For instance, as I hide the mail app, it gets removed from the settings app too!), which I want to be prevented.

So in short:I want my springboard to be completely clean, and the only way I want to access my apps on is to search for them in some other way than the spotlight search. And I don't want just one app that does it all, I want everybody's opinions and what they think is good.

Thanks for readin'

Thanks
    Thanked 9,529 Times in 5,848 Posts

Welcome to MMi

Wow, talk about minimalist huh? Not sure what tweak you could use, but I find myself asking "why"? Clean but not handy to use it would seem to me, but only my opinion.
    I have moved your thread to a section that may generate more views and perhaps you answer.
    Good luck.

Thanks

Well to me it sounds like you want to rid your springboard of all the crap and make it so it just shows icons, right? If you want to do that, I recommend TidySpring. If its more customization you want, install Springtomize. Hope that helped

Oops, i reread your thread and saw u wanted no icons. The best answer I can give you is to use infinidock and/or infinifolder and put all your apps into folders and/or your dock.
    Last edited by SuperFastSlug; 08-14-2012 at 12:29 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exactley, I wan my springboard to be completely blank so that I can reach my icons by searching for em', just like spotligh search does, but much more optimized and faster(in other words, a more compact app launcher with a search feature ^^)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beatports View Post
    Exactley, I wan my springboard to be completely blank so that I can reach my icons by searching for em', just like spotligh search does, but much more optimized and faster(in other words, a more compact app launcher with a search feature ^^)
    That's interesting, you almost want a totally different UI. While you may be able to do this, I'm not exactly sure what to use. You could try the apps as I stated above, or you could do more research on cydia. If you want to have a different UI, install dreamboard and you can run some really cool themes

Thanks

Hope this helps

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply

Seems like what you're sayin' is true, what I need is a completely new UI. I'll try it out Just need to find the right theme that is... Thanks again ^^

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

Welcome to the world of MMI.

I would say download ad install Poof from Cydia and then you can hide away to your harts content.

Hope this is what you want
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button