Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Modifying the stock autocorrect dictionary? Possible? I'm out of available corrections

Default Modifying the stock autocorrect dictionary? Possible? I'm out of available corrections
    iOS seems to limit the total amount allowed. So eventually it just starts over-writing the ones you've already created.

I've tried the Cydia ones but the only one that really works seems to have a bug with the stock Mail app where when I start to type it automatically jumps the cursor down to the middle of the quoted text which is really f#$%$#%$ annoying so I uninstalled. I know it was the app because the moment I uninstalled, it was fine again.

Any suggestions?

bumpy bumpy

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Navigate to /var/Mobile/Library/Keyboard/UserDictionary.sqlite and then edit the values and add your own. You'll need SQLite database browser for it, otherwise it shows as random numbers and symbols. Here's one you can use for it: SQLite Database Browser
    Last edited by H4CK3R; 08-14-2012 at 06:54 AM.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Can you explain a bit more? Are you saying that if I created say 200000 in that file it would work, it's only because the code in the iOS isn't allowing it or something?

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

I have never modified it myself, I just know how it's done since it all has to be stored somewhere. I'm pretty sure what you're saying would work. And as far as it not allowing it, I would think that the way Apple coded it, it would automatically check each word individually and if it didn't recognize it, it would replace it with the very closest word it can find in it's dictionary. But that file is the one you need to edit.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Anyone else have insight to this