+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: password help?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
i use splashtop religiously to keep an eye on my sales at two stores and labor and....ya know. anyway, i dont remember what the heck the password is i used.
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default password help?
    i use splashtop religiously to keep an eye on my sales at two stores and labor and....ya know. anyway, i dont remember what the heck the password is i used. i have it setup on my old 3gs and have been just leaving that in my car or at home but tired of that and wanna give it to my kid.

so, i remember the email...hell, i can see my email address but i cant remember the password. i setup a dummy gmail account cuz i wasnt sure if they were gonna spam the hell outa me and i never use the email addy. this is setup on my owners home machine and two other employees have access to it so i cant just change it.

is it possible it's unencrypted in a file somewhere on my 3gs? i tried using that old asterik remover for windows on my machine at home and it didnt work.

any ideas? suggestions (even a smart *** comment? would be appreciated. my kids allready called me every name in the book cuz i tell him to write his passes down and put them in a safe place hehe

anyway, thx for looking at least!!

neurosys

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Which one are you using by chance? (they have multiple versions of SplashTop) I'll look into it, but I highly (and I mean highly) doubt that it would be right out in the open.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Green Apple
    Thanks

wow, thought i replied here. guess it didnt take. using 1.7.5.4 on my 3g. also have it on my girls iphone 4. next to latest version of the client on the machine at work. hey, thx for looking into it too even if you cant find anything...preciate your help!!

neuro

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neurosys View Post
    wow, thought i replied here. guess it didnt take. using 1.7.5.4 on my 3g. also have it on my girls iphone 4. next to latest version of the client on the machine at work. hey, thx for looking into it too even if you cant find anything...preciate your help!!

neuro
    If you still have access to the PCs in the store,
    you should be able to uninstall the SplashTop Streamer, reinstall it, and create a new account.

You'll need to reconnect (and reenter the new login information) on all your iPhones.

check out the comments in here:
    What can I do if I get a "Wrong password" error, or password reset fails? : Support site (Splashtop 2)