+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone to control iPad??

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Can MMI members knowledgeable on this topic please help? Searching the Internet for relevant answers isn't very easy these days. I would like to control my iPad 2 with my
    Thanks

Default iPhone to control iPad??
    Can MMI members knowledgeable on this topic please help? Searching the Internet for relevant answers isn't very easy these days. I would like to control my iPad 2 with my phone (3GS). I know I would Veency as the server but could I use a client like teamviewer?

Forgive me if this has been asked many times before. Thanks in advance.

Jon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SepticTank View Post
    Can MMI members knowledgeable on this topic please help? Searching the Internet for relevant answers isn't very easy these days. I would like to control my iPad 2 with my phone (3GS). I know I would Veency as the server but could I use a client like teamviewer?

Forgive me if this has been asked many times before. Thanks in advance.

Jon
    I'm not familiar with teamviewer, but any normal VNC client should work on the iPhone side.
    Veency is what you'd use on the iPad side.

It's not gonna be super-fast, and the control will probably be a bit clumsy.
    You'll need a WiFi network, or 3G internet on both devices (won't work over BT).

Thanks

Thanks for the reply!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SepticTank View Post
    Thanks for the reply!
    depending on what you're trying to do, there are a few other solutions already out there.

Some iPad games, for example, have a "remote control" option with a dedicated client app on the iPhone.
    These use bluetooth, and should normally be super-fast (relative to the VNC / Veency option).
    But it's app specific, and very few have this feature available.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    depending on what you're trying to do, there are a few other solutions already out there.

Some iPad games, for example, have a "remote control" option with a dedicated client app on the iPhone.
    These use bluetooth, and should normally be super-fast (relative to the VNC / Veency option).
    But it's app specific, and very few have this feature available.
    Hmmmm... I'd really like to use the iPad as a vid-out solution and I'd like to use my 3GS as a remote control if that's possible. I've heard you can also use the phone as a game controller to play like snes emulators on an iPad??? I already have to to get Veency. I just got this iPad a week ago and I've kinda hesitated on jb'ing it with ios 6 coming soon. Is it still worth jb'ing on 5.1.1? Honest questions…

Thanks for the ideas from last post you left.