+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to extract contacts from iphone backup

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Unfortunately I lost my iphone yesterday and even more unfortunate i'm not in a position to afford a new one. But I really need my contacts I have been using
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How to extract contacts from iphone backup
    Unfortunately I lost my iphone yesterday and even more unfortunate i'm not in a position to afford a new one. But I really need my contacts I have been using this phone for more than 2 years and all my contacts are saved in it. Is there anyway I can get into my backup and see those files?

Are there any apps any free apps that help you browse or export your contacts saved in backup?

Thanks

EVO
    Thanks

yes you can, try Data Recovery for iTunes if you have a MAC and Wondershare Dr.Fone if you have a PC

Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 Times in 5,935 Posts

edit; EVO beat me.

Where did your store your synced back-ups? iCloud, computer? Should still be there.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Sorry to hear about your experience. If your iPhone was backed up when the photos were on it -- and you still have the backup -- it will be possible to restore them with the iPhone Data Recovery. Load it up and browse to the new folder and you should see your contacts. You can also extract iPhone backup.
    Last edited by MartineF; 11-25-2013 at 01:34 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Sorry to hear about your experience. If your iPhone was backed up when the photos were on it -- and you still have the backup -- it will be possible to restore them with the iPhone Data Recovery. Load it up and browse to the new folder and you should see your photos. You can select the photos when extract iPhone backup.
    Last edited by MartineF; 11-28-2013 at 09:04 PM.