+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cannot send or receive text after SSH restoring SMS.DB

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I backed up my SMS folder before updating and rejailbreaking my iPhone 4s on 5.1.1 I went to restore my SMS folder, via SSH, and everything worked fine at first,
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    I backed up my SMS folder before updating and rejailbreaking my iPhone 4s on 5.1.1

I went to restore my SMS folder, via SSH, and everything worked fine at first, aside from one issue. I cannot receive or send pictures. So I edited the permisions as per some different guides online, and now the SMS app itself crashes. Is there a way to restore the SMS.DB from 5.0.1 to 5.1.1? Or am I screwed? I can't get this to work no matter what I try. I am hoping someone here can please help me.

EDIT:

I simply decided to restore my phone and re-jailbreak and lose the SMS conversation history. I don't know what the solution is to get this to work, but I am done messing with it. I am on to a new issue now. Trying to figure out how to arranges apps, without iTunes, or doing it manually on the phone itself.

PLEASE HELP - App layout issue
    Last edited by kbphoto615; 08-06-2012 at 10:33 PM.

EVO
    Thanks

if you want to give it another go (if you havent already done this), since you already restored and have the default SMS.db file, have you already sent any new SMS messages?

if you havent, send a test message to yourself, then go back and replace the default SMS.db with the backed up SMS.db file, then do a reboot

then try sending a text message to someone again

have you already performed this action?