+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mirror display TO iPad from Mac/iOS device

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey all. I don't think anyone's asked this before, because believe me I've searched my a** off lol. I want to mirror my display from another iOS device or my
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Red face Mirror display TO iPad from Mac/iOS device
    Hey all. I don't think anyone's asked this before, because believe me I've searched my a** off lol. I want to mirror my display from another iOS device or my Mac to my iPad. Is there any way that this can be done? Or should I just give up? I tried the VNC method using Veency on my iPad, but it's pretty laggy.

Any way I can use Airplay? I've installed Airserver on my iPad and I am able to send audio and video to it, I just can't mirror.

Thanks guys!

EVO
    Thanks

Are you referring to something like LogMeIn Ignition that allows you to control your computer from your ipad?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    Are you referring to something like LogMeIn Ignition that allows you to control your computer from your ipad?
    Actually no. The thing is where I live, you can't really get Apple TVs, and I'd like to mirror my Mac or iPhone to my TV. I have an iPad I never use that i've connected to my TV using an HDMI cable, and I installed Airserver on it so I can Airplay my videos and music to it. Now I'd like to take that one step further and actually mirror my screen to it so it can appear on my TV.

Any help at all would be great!

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buntym View Post
    Actually no. The thing is where I live, you can't really get Apple TVs, and I'd like to mirror my Mac or iPhone to my TV. I have an iPad I never use that i've connected to my TV using an HDMI cable, and I installed Airserver on it so I can Airplay my videos and music to it. Now I'd like to take that one step further and actually mirror my screen to it so it can appear on my TV.

Any help at all would be great!
    I apologize for the delay.

If I understand you correctly, you want to mirror your iphone to your TV?

if so, you can buy like an AV cable from walmart, which will allow you to plug it to your TV using the 3-color coded cables

Thanks

I believe what he wants is to be able to mirror his mac or iPhone screen on his iPad, and then put that on the TV via HDMI.

I don't think it can be done, sorry. Or rather, I have never heard of it working. Have you considered getting one of those mini-displayport to HDMI cables? I have one and it works great. Also, if you have a newer Mac, the mini-displayport will pass audio to the HDMI as well. Yeah I realize that it is not wireless, but it makes for a lag free pic.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

EVO
    Thanks

Got it