+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PLEASE HELP - App layout issue

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So here is what is going on: I have an iPhone 4s, on IOS 5.1.1, latest jailbreak ( Absinthe 2.0 I believe ) Whenever I download any app that changes
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Default PLEASE HELP - App layout issue
    So here is what is going on:

I have an iPhone 4s, on IOS 5.1.1, latest jailbreak ( Absinthe 2.0 I believe )

Whenever I download any app that changes the icon layout in anyway, and I mean any app, such as Infinifolders, Infinidock, Iconoclasm, ect, the iPhone pushes my apps out of their folders, and then spreads them randomly across the phone. This is with ANY AND ALL icon layout apps such as the ones listed above. How the hell is this possible? What am I doing wrong, that is causing this issue?

To help explain the problem there is some screenshots below:

And to explain the screenshots, what you're seeing are the iPhone view screenshots, and the iTunes view screenshots. The screenshots from iTunes is what iTunes sees on my iPhone. The screenshots from my iPhone are what actually happens when I sync my phone. I will add apps to folders in iTunes as people normally would, then I 'apply' the changes and sync the phone. As I am syncing the phone, I can physically see iTunes adding the apps randomly across my home pages on the iPhone, not in folders (how I originally arranged them in iTunes)

If you see on screenshot number 2 above, it has some random apps in folders? but on screenshot number 3 ( the iTunes view of page 2 ), you can see that iTunes shows no apps in any folders? WTF?? How is this possible? I mean I have a basic understanding of why it doesn't show cracked apps sometimes or tweaks, but I've uninstalled most tweaks.

No matter what I do, restore from backup, re-arrange apps, remove apps, add apps one at a time, it does not add/sync the apps properly. It just throws them randomly across my phone, and I have no idea why it's doing this.

If I uninstall or chose not to use any of the icon layout apps, then I do not run into the issue. But these apps are a major step in the themeing process, and I am very limited without being able to use them. I want to know WHY I seem to be the only one having this issue, and how I can fix it once and for all.

Thankyou for any help, and If a mod finds this more suited in a different section, please move it. I am looking for any advice, or knowledge from any members to please give me some insight on this damned issue.

Again any advice would be much appreciated so thank-you in advance to anyone's time and help!

EDIT:

I am in the process of doing a clean restore and re jailbreak, this time I am going add my apps and tweaks, one by one and NOT restore from a backup. I am hoping this will eliminate the issue. But I just wanted to make this thread to see if ANYONE has even remotely seen this issue happen before, and again could provide me with some insight to this issue.
    Last edited by kbphoto615; 08-05-2012 at 06:06 PM.

Thanks
    BUMP

Anyone?? haha Any thing at all?

I refuse to believe I am to just deal with this issue, or manually sort over 300 apps. There has got to be a solution, or something to pin point what is causing this issue atleast.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

I can't see your screenshots since my computer enjoys pissing me off (the thing must absolutely love me.)

But anyways, what tweaks do you have installed? My icons sometimes get a bit out of sort and respringing is seems to solve it for me.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    I can't see your screenshots since my computer enjoys pissing me off (the thing must absolutely love me.)

But anyways, what tweaks do you have installed? My icons sometimes get a bit out of sort and respringing is seems to solve it for me.
    HACKER,

The screenshots are just the same ones from my other post. The ones that showed what neither of us could explain. haha. I am hoping someone else here will look and have any suggestions.

You don't happen to have any idea if there is an alternative software to iTunes, that sorts/rearranges apps on the iPhone?

Also, to answer your question, I'm slowly but surely adding my tweaks back and so far I have noticed the issue first and foremost with Infinifolder. I have apps placed in folders, install Infinifolder, apps are then displaced across iPhone.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

I used to have issues with Infinifolders, which is why I removed it. It crashes for me on 5.0.1 so I just said screw it. Maybe you could just try an alternative like Springtomize or something so you can have more space in your folders. But yah, Infinifolders is just issues for me.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    I used to have issues with Infinifolders, which is why I removed it. It crashes for me on 5.0.1 so I just said screw it. Maybe you could just try an alternative like Springtomize or something so you can have more space in your folders. But yah, Infinifolders is just issues for me.
    Even with Springtomize, I would have to arrange all my apps by hand manually on the iphone itself, or on iTunes, which is not an option because iTunes will NOT sync properly once installing any apps like Sprintomize, Infinifolders, ect.

This is what I've been saying. haha It's so frustrating.

EVO
    Thanks

I'm not sure I understand it correctly even though you have some screenshots.

Is it my believe that you basically arrange your apps in folders, but when you use itunes to sync your apps, itunes removes the apps from the folders and miscellaneously distributes it across the springboard?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    I'm not sure I understand it correctly even though you have some screenshots.

Is it my believe that you basically arrange your apps in folders, but when you use itunes to sync your apps, itunes removes the apps from the folders and miscellaneously distributes it across the springboard?

Exactly! This happens when ANY icon/app tweak is installed. As listed above, this is included but im sure not limited to:

Springtomize 2
    Infinifolders
    Infinidock
    Five Icon Dock
    Iconoclasm

Thanks
    Sorry, refreshed the page and it double posted.
    Last edited by kbphoto615; 08-07-2012 at 04:08 PM.

EVO
    Thanks

All my apps are are still in folders after I sync it with my itunes

does it occur with apps you downloaded from appstore or from cydia or both?

Thanks
    All my apps are are still in folders after I sync it with my itunes

does it occur with apps you downloaded from appstore or from cydia or both?
    Both. It is the weirdest damned thing.

EVO
    Thanks

Have you already tried to do a clean restore, not restoring from backup, then NOT jailbreak and install AppStore apps, then put them in folders, then sync "ONLY" the apps that you just installed, and see what occurs?

If not try doing that, and remember the emphasis on "ONLY"...

Thanks
    Have you already tried to do a clean restore, not restoring from backup, then NOT jailbreak and install AppStore apps, then put them in folders, then sync "ONLY" the apps that you just installed, and see what occurs?

If not try doing that, and remember the emphasis on "ONLY"...
    You mean install AppStore apps from the phone itself? Yes I tried all of the above. Basically, no matter what I do, the apps just do not stay in the folders once synced.

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kbphoto615 View Post
    You mean install AppStore apps from the phone itself? Yes I tried all of the above. Basically, no matter what I do, the apps just do not stay in the folders once synced.
    I would suggest that you completely uninstall itunes, search for all files and folders of itunes and delete it also, then reinstall the latest itunes and sync again, it may be (but not guaranteed) that the itunes library is corrupted or something

Thanks
    Man. I just don't even understand how an issue like this arises. Is there any 3rd party software that I can use to arrange/sync/organize my apps? without the use of iTunes or doing it manually on the phone itself.

EVO
    Thanks

my first instinct when I read your issue was that it may have to do with infinifolders when you put apps in it because itunes does not do so well when syncing jailbroken tweaks/apps...

but if you tried to sync your AppStore apps on a "NONJAILBROKEN" phone and it still unarranges your apps from your folders, then my guess is something is wrong with the itunes library that it uses to store sync apps

Thanks
    I would suggest that you completely uninstall itunes, search for all files and folders of itunes and delete it also, then reinstall the latest itunes and sync again, it may be (but not guaranteed) that the itunes library is corrupted or something
    I will try that this evening, although I highly doubt it is iTunes causing this issue, but at this point who the hell knows. haha Here is some more screenshots to help show what is going on:

PLEASE HELP - App layout issue-8-9-2012-12-50-29-pm.jpg

PLEASE HELP - App layout issue-img_0394.png

As you can see in the first screenshot I have the Social apps placed into the Social Folder, yet on the phone itself they are syncing on the page itself, NOT in the folder where I placed them. ?? haha

EVO
    Thanks

yup I do see a clearer image of whats going on, but try what I said, who knows, it may be the itunes library or something related to it

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, I had some folder issues two weeks ago with infinifolders at the same time as its dependancy IconSupport went though 3 updates, version 1.7.6.1-1, 1.7.6.2-2 and 1.7.7-1
    On this final update, things became more stable. Check you have the latest version of IconSupport installed
    You might also like to try installing a previous version like 1.7.4-1 which is at

http://apt.thebigboss.org/repofiles/...honeos-arm.deb as I know this fixed someone else's Sprinboard crashes.
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 08-11-2012 at 02:32 AM.