+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Every single time I reboot my phone I get "We apologize for the inconvenience, but...

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Springboard has just crashed. MobileSubstrate/didnot/cause this problem: it has protected you from it. Your device is now running in Safe Mode. All extensions that support thise safety system are disabled.
    What's Jailbreak? Arkapigdiesel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Default Every single time I reboot my phone I get "We apologize for the inconvenience, but...
    Springboard has just crashed. MobileSubstrate/didnot/cause this problem: it has protected you from it. Your device is now running in Safe Mode. All extensions that support thise safety system are disabled. Reboot (or restart Springboard) to return to the normal mode. To return to this dialog touch the status bar."

There are three button choices at the bottom of this dialog box. The three button options are "ok," "restart," and "help." I choose "restart" and it resprings back into normal mode.

Why is my phone not rebooting normally? I restored and re-jailbroke my phone using sn0wbreeze, which is when all of this started.

Anyone have any suggestions as to why my phone isn't rebooting into normal mode?

EVO
    Thanks

what phone do you have, what iOS version, and what baseband?

you said you restored and it started happening?......did it happen "immediately" after you restored OR was it after you installed some cydia tweaks?

Thanks
    iPhone 4, 5.1.1, 9B206 (AT&T).

You know, I restored 2 days ago, and upon installation of the sn0wbreeze .ipsw I didn't get the error message. I have re-installed my Cydia files, but I don't think I've added (need to verify) anything that I didn't have before I restored and re-jailbroke (was also running 5.1.1 jailbroken before I restored).

Does it sound like an incompatible Cydia file?

Looking through my installed packages....there's one called "Substrate Safe Mode." I didn't add that. What is it and I wonder if that's causing the issues?
    Last edited by Arkapigdiesel; 08-02-2012 at 03:07 PM.

EVO
    Thanks

that is meant to not damage your system files when the phone crashes

I would suggest that you restore again, but this time dont reinstall all your cydia tweaks, install it ONE at a time, and each time you install a tweak, use the phone for about an hour, if it does not crash, install the next tweak

it may be one or more cydia tweaks conflicting with each other, or a tweak conflicting with the iOS files, or a tweak that just is not compatible with 5.1.1 yet

Thanks
    Ugh. I would highly prefer to no do that. I might have to, but I will, as a last resort. I don't understand why I'm having issues just during reboot. I was running 5.1.1 jailbroken before with the same tweaks and apps, with no issues. Only reason I restored was to increase my system partition size.

EVO
    Thanks

you can also do the opposite, which doesnt involve restoring

just uninstall one TWEAk one at a time, and do what you normally do when it crashes

then you can see if it still crashes, if it does, uninstall the next tweak

you can keep note of which ones you currently have installed so you can install it back later after testing

Thanks
    SMS+ was the culprit. Phone is now fixed.

EVO
    Thanks

Cool bud!

I'm glad it was an easy fix for you